Is It Bad To Take A Dht Blocker If You Only Have Early Signs Of Androgenetic Alopecia?

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it bad to start finasteride or dutasteride if you have early male pattern baldness?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, the earlier you catch hair loss the better, but taking it when you don't have any hair loss a stupid idea too, chances are you won't get severe sides with finasteride or dutasteride but it's still possible and not worth it if you have no visible hair loss. I have slightly lower libido and weaker orgasms on my regimen, sides im willing to tolerate for my hair but not something other people might like to deal with. I think you are just a troll though so my reply is pointless.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No?
If you're 100% sure it is male pattern baldness, then you can be almost 100% sure that it is going to progress. So starting at the Early signs of Androgenetic Alopecia is the right time to start if you want to remain a thick healthy set of hair.

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, the earlier you catch hair loss the better, but taking it when you don't have any hair loss a stupid idea too, chances are you won't get severe sides with finasteride or dutasteride but it's still possible and not worth it if you have no visible hair loss. I have slightly lower libido and weaker orgasms on my regimen, sides im willing to tolerate for my hair but not something other people might like to deal with. I think you are just a troll though so my reply is pointless.
I’m not trolling. I have early Androgenetic Alopecia and was wondering if it’s worth it to start.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not trolling. I have early Androgenetic Alopecia and was wondering if it’s worth it to start.

If you have early signs of male pattern baldness then yes, start finasteride and take comparison pics every couple of months and assess your hair situation in 12 months time. Don't even consider anything more extreme than that like your thread about hair loss and HRT.

Last edited:

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have early signs of male pattern baldness then yes, start finasteride and take comparison pics every couple of months and assess your hair situation in 12 months time. Don't even consider anything more extreme than that like your thread about hair loss and HRT.
I’m on dutasteride. Should I stick with that or switch to finasteride?