Is It Bad To Get A Hair Transplant Where Your Hair Is Thinning?

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I’m 23, Male and my hair is decent all over and hairline has only receded a bit very slowly the past 5 years. I am only concerned about my right hand side temple as it’s starting to thin out in that c shape. The other temple is normal.

It was apparent when I had longer hair, so I got a buzz cut and it is only a little bit noticeable compared to the rest. (Its density)

I ideally want to get a hair transplant to fill in that circle area that is thinning to make it more dense and I would be happy. Maybe even where my hairline use to start at too.

My idea would be to either just get by my 20’s with good hair or to just get hair transplants in the areas I notice are going bit by bit as time goes on. Is this possible to do?

I have blonde hair, however my main concern is I don’t want to damage my surrounding hair and I do not want to take medication (finasteride). Should I consult a doctor? What do you think? Should I try it?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 23 with an unwillingness to take finasteride, getting a transplant to fill in minor recession is a bad idea

jeffmarsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't want to take finasteride, Then the next option is hair transplant surgery. But You have to choose the best hair transplant surgeon to find the better results. There are so many surgeon, But some of them giving the best results. So best of luck ! :)

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
The best option is to go with hair transplant surgery. But look for a skilled and experienced doctor in order to have perfect hairline and natural looks