IS IT ALOPECIA AREATA OR Androgenetic Alopecia ?

KRATOS1980

Reaction score
Good Christmas guys,
Im a 20 year old guy from Italy A 20 YEAR OLD MALE FROM ITALY
In October I noticed a coin sized bald patch. I was really stressed about it and I decided to shave my head off.
Its been nearly 2 months since I noticed it. Currently it looks like the bald patch is gone but the area looks bigger and looks like there is less density of hair there, I dont know how to explain but it kinda looks weird. Was it Apolecia Areata or is it Androgenetic Alopecia ?
( PICTURES ARE ATTACHED UNDER ) Today I took a pic with and without flash.

photo_2015-12-26_22-12-36.jpgphoto_2015-12-26_22-12-38.jpgphoto_2015-12-26_22-12-33.jpgphoto_2015-12-26_22-12-29.jpg
In addition Im not sure if its related or this might be just coincidence. But I noticed the hairloss shortly after I was diagnosed with Varicocele and my left testicle started to shrink. In case if someone doesn't know what Varicocele. Its when the veins in the scrotum dilate. Correct me if Im wrong, but, as I know in Varicocele the ciculation of blood is disturbed and the free T that should have traveled into body goes directly into Prostate which enlarges the prostate and might lead to prostate cancer (oh well ). And The amount of free T in body decreases which in result gives increased levels of DHT. Also its interesting to note that there is a relation between balding men and large prostate size. Recently, I read that bald males are more prone to have prostate cancer. Also a fact that I think I need to share with you is that before all this started to happen I had only body hair in my arm pits, lower part of my legs andprivate areas. But since all this srated to happen, in a matter of 2 months I have now chest hair and underarm hair growing aggressively. I also think this is due the drastic increase of DHT because of the low amount of free T in the body.

Your opinions would benefit me a lot.
And sorry for my grammar, tried my best.

parangutiri23

Reaction score
Might be AA

Hello, Alopecia Areata is triggered by stress so you should check that out. Anyway it seems that the patch is shrinking and you should not worry since aa disappears spontanously.