Is it all about the looks for you??

G

Recently we have quite a few people coming here, promoting the shaved look for the problems associated with baldness. Women love it they claim. Well, I won´t comment on that :roll: , but even if it were true. Would it end your obsession with hairloss? For me not! I love my hair, you can touch it, feel it, style it in different ways and when it is long enough even taste it. It is an essential part of my personality. it feels like a part of my dying. That´s why I would also care a lot about balding if I was happily married.

It makes mad to see that I am missing something other men take for granted, even if it wouldn´t matter to my looks. That´s why I feel inferior to men with thick head, particularly if they are much older than me.

Shaving is no option!

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taug:

no, i'd take a full head of hair over a shaved head anyday. my reasons for sporting the buzzed look are simply to take that particular source of stress out of the hairloss equation. the extra attention i get from it is a nice by-product :)

I don't feel inferior to anybody. Especially about something as inconsequential as hair. Please.

If you feel your hair is an essential part of your personality, you need to work on your personality yeah?

antonio666

Reaction score
taug,

you talk sense.That is how i feel as if the old me is dying,my hair was how i expressed myself,i also feel inferior to men with no sign of male pattern baldness,
also 1 year ago when i had a full head of hair i felt superior to balding men
now i have learnt the hard way,that this was very wrong of me but i would have bet my life back then that i would never go bald

filmflam, i also am thinking about shaving not because i think it will look good but like you to releive thr stress of watching it deteirate everyday,
by the way i think you are lucky because you suit the shaved look(if one can be lucky having hairloss)but all the same better to suit it than not

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
taug,

you talk sense.That is how i feel as if the old me is dying,my hair was how i expressed myself,i also feel inferior to men with no sign of male pattern baldness,
also 1 year ago when i had a full head of hair i felt superior to balding men
now i have learnt the hard way,that this was very wrong of me but i would have bet my life back then that i would never go bald

filmflam, i also am thinking about shaving not because i think it will look good but like you to releive thr stress of watching it deteirate everyday,
by the way i think you are lucky because you suit the shaved look(if one can be lucky having hairloss)but all the same better to suit it than not

don't feel bad about feeling superior to balding men, when you had hair... It's just evolutionary psychology. but now the shoe is on the other foot, you're analysing yourself using your old (wrong) values. what you need to do is fully realise that those old values were wrong - bald men aren't inferior, thus *you* aren't inferior and you will be a better, stronger person for it.

thanks for the shaved head compliment :). stress has been greatly reduced and a lot of time has been saved.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Recently we have quite a few people coming here, promoting the shaved look for the problems associated with baldness. Women love it they claim. Well, I won´t comment on that :roll: , but even if it were true.

It is true, no matter how much you refuse to admit it. :)

G

my problem with baldness started long time before i think.

i will tell you my story. first i thought i would be superior to others due to my intelligence. and by the way, im not stupid, so if intelligence was what makes someone superior to others i would be superior to 99 % of all people.

but i learned the hard way that its not intelligence which makes you superior to others. a bit yes, its a bonus if you re intelligent, but its not everything.

by the way i always since puberty wanted to be superior to others.

okay , then i thought i should be taller than other people to be superior because i knew some guys at my school who were pretty confident and who were - sure - tall. so i wanted to be taller. im crazy i know but i developed something which should make me rich and i could let develope something to make people taller. obviously my plan failed.

so then i fall into a big hole. my life started to suck. then hairloss came and made things even worse.

i think why i suffer from hairloss so much is coz its a status symbol for beauty and superiority. or the other way, baldness is a sign for age, ugliness and no superiority.

like some of you say, when you had hair you felt superior to bald guys.

i remember a time when i already had hairloss but i was denying it. i dont know if i knew it in my subsconcious mind, but in my normal mind i denied it. so there was a guy who had hairloss and i though about him that he is pityful because of it. and he doesnt match other cool people.

maybe these thoughts are the reason of my suffering. because i felt superior to balding guys and i thought they were pityful. dont tell me that these thoughts were wrong, i know it, but i think that is the reason for my suffering.

i always thought i would go bald by 35 and that by that time there was something with which you could "heal" it. and funny thing is, by the time i will be 35 there will probably be hair multiplication , which is in 15 years.

but NO, i had to start balding with 18. :evil:

i mean just the fact that you are balding isnt that bad or doesnt really make your life worse, but if you think like me , it makes your life worse big time.

and its proven i think or if you ask some bald man, he will probably always tell you that he suffered from balding in some form or another.

blondeguy, be honest, did you suffer from hairloss? i think yes, not or never in a way some of us do, but to a little extent i think yes.

so balding sux. definatley. that s proven, you can say. for the one less, for the other more.

for me its much suffering and i think its my thoughts which make me suffer so much.

i even think that its always your thoughts which make you suffer very much from hairloss , because there is no pain or anything involved with baldness and if you shave it or wear it with a good style (your balding hair), there will almost noone say anything about it.

and yes, chances with women are normally less , but not much. and second there are women who love bald men and so whatever. anyway , women are not everything which makes you happy.

its not that if you got a gf , the world turns form deep black to shiny yellow. its not. sure a girl makes your life better but only to a certain degree and anyway if your chances are lower coz of hairloss (and i dont say its absolutley like that) you still can get an ugly gf and noone ever said that only pretty gf's make happy.

the only problem with baldness is in your mind. and to a little degree its on the outside too.

hair is a status symbol for youth. you cant change that, like a mercedes is a status symbol for wealth. its like that and even blondeguy cant change that fact.

now lets try to say how much hairloss makes your life really worse...

first there are proven studies. i dont know if they are for shaved heads too, but they are about baldness in general.

so they say, you get 5 years more in your looks, you get uglier. i think thats the only thing which the studies prove.

but that thing with youth and beauty. there are other studies which say if you are beauty you 1) get better jobs 2) have a better carreer 3) get more jobs 4) get more gf's 5) are liked more by others 6) have better chances at court 7) are liked more by your parents . i think there are some more things which these studies say, but i think these points are enough.

if you make the best out of you , you maybe can compensate the less attractivity which comes with baldnesss , but still you are less attractive.

though there are studies which say beautiful people are not happier than ugly ones.

so , why do you suffer from hairloss???

good question. its coz of your thoughts and probably you are mentally ill.

so see a Doctor. i do that. and work on yourself coz thats the only way to get out of that.

i dont know a how much better life you would have with hair compared to no hair.

i really dont know it.

im speaking of facts , of objectivity.

and fact is you have in general a better life with hair than without.

thats proven. but to what extent that is a big big question.

so the question is, should you try to reverse your baldness or not???

if you suffer from it coz you are ill...then in my honest opionion you should do everything to reverse it.

because if you are mentally ill, that needs in usual about 10 - 15 years to correct that completley. and you dont have this time!

so better change your hair...and in the meantime work on your mind.

if you really got some serious illness in your mind, it does take 10-15 years for some sorts of illnesses. there are some which go away after 1 year or something.

i just know it for narcissm. which i got.

the other illness which many here could have is bdd or how you called it. when you feel ugly even if you arent.

i read something from a doctor and he says the best way to handle bdd is to solve the outer problem + the inner problem.

in the most cases the inner problem is an outer problem too. you never relally can say if its ill or not.

anyway, for me its definatly the best way to solve my hairloss with a trasnplant. i cant imagine to get my illness away in a few years . so better i solve baldness and dont suffer anymroe from it.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
neo1234 said:
blondeguy, be honest, did you suffer from hairloss? i think yes, not or never in a way some of us do, but to a little extent i think yes.

I could never tell. I've always had a high V-shaped hairline since puberty.

G

blondeguy said:
neo1234 said:

I could never tell. I've always had a high V-shaped hairline since puberty.

then you are an exception how it seems. but most guys suffer from it a bit at least.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blondeguy said:
Taugenichts said:
Recently we have quite a few people coming here, promoting the shaved look for the problems associated with baldness. Women love it they claim. Well, I won´t comment on that :roll: , but even if it were true.

Your heart is in the right place but you are deluded.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
UK1 said:
blondeguy said:
Taugenichts said:

Have you asked any women yourself?

flimflam said:
blondeguy, i don't even know why you're on this forum :/

To counter the relentless, unfounded negativity over natural hair loss. Some of you act like your lives are over, as though nobody's ever lost hair before. You think you've got it bad? Imagine you're a woman losing hair. They can't take your drugs. They can't shave their heads. Hair means much more to a woman in this society than a man. You guys are lucky you can just buzz it and go about your day.

G

blondeguy said:
UK1 said:
blondeguy said:
Taugenichts said:

Have you asked any women yourself?

flimflam said:

To counter the relentless, unfounded negativity over natural hair loss. Some of you act like your lives are over, as though nobody's ever lost hair before. You think you've got it bad? Imagine you're a woman losing hair. They can't take your drugs. They can't shave their heads. Hair means much more to a woman in this society than a man. You guys are lucky you can just buzz it and go about your day.

blondeguy, you remind me of something. there are so many books about to get rich. and i think whats written in them is true. so why are there so many poor people? because they 1) dont read it or 2) dont listen to it.

i think its same wiht you. you try to convice all guys here to be happy with their bald head and i truly believe oyu that there is a way to get happy with a bald head of no hair. for me the problem is though, i want hair and its just not only about happiness, its about my whole thinking about life what makes me want hair.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:

it is healthy to hear all the differing voices and opinions about hairloss.

if you have the hairloss gene, then for you, sadly hairloss is inevitable and unavoidable.....until a proper cure can be found.

at present no cure is available cos elton john is still wearing a wig.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What do you think the womans going to say as you stand there with your shiny head? You're right that it's not the end of the world but I wouldn't go as far as to say that they love it, it just doesn't matter that much to some of them. I have a couple of friends with shaved heads, they do OK with girls but have to compensate with other factors to get a look in. Do you think that you are telling us something that we don't know? Don't you understand that what you're suggesting is one of the first things that goes through the mind of all of us that are suffering from male pattern baldness? Those that are happy with it do it, those that aren't don't.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yerr, well what i meant was, i've got a buzzed head and i like it but I'd rather get my hair back yknow? blondeguy doesnt seem to care, so if that was me, i wouldn't be posting on a hairloss forum ..

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
UK1 said:
What do you think the womans going to say as you stand there with your shiny head?

Hopefully, you'll be saying something and not just standing there. One thing you discover when you shave your head is that nobody looks up at your scalp when you're talking to them. They zero right in on your eyes.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
god ill say this a billion times..

it doesn't matter whats on your head. Seriously ... the whole girl issue comes down to personality. Guys just don't want to accept that and focus more on vanity getting the chicks.

The people that come here and try these treatments value their hair. They like hair and want hair hence them searching out something to do OTHER then just shaving it off.

All your doing is reinforcing some insecurities in the posters by showing them that it is an inevitability.

You might be happy with shaving your head... a lot of us aren't and don't want that. Just cuz you feel good about it doesn't mean everyone will.

I value my hair. I want hair. I like hair. What you say isn't going to change it no matter how many times you try to say it. I'm sure thats the same feeling around the forum.

I personally feel the bald look is kinda dumb and only a certain few can make it look good. Just like short hair on females... only a few can pull it off and make it look good.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
SkylineGTR said:
god ill say this a billion times..

it doesn't matter whats on your head. Seriously ... the whole girl issue comes down to personality. Guys just don't want to accept that and focus more on vanity getting the chicks.

That's my point!

The people that come here and try these treatments value their hair. They like hair and want hair hence them searching out something to do OTHER then just shaving it off.

All your doing is reinforcing some insecurities in the posters by showing them that it is an inevitability.

Nah, those insecurities are already there. A lot of the people that come here are young guys seeing their mature hairline for the first time and thinking they're going to be NW7. All I'm saying is I like shaving and not worrying about that crap. If I'm showing them anything, it's that hair loss treatments may or may not put off the inevitable by a few years, so accept yourself as you are.

You might be happy with shaving your head... a lot of us aren't and don't want that. Just cuz you feel good about it doesn't mean everyone will.

The fact I post here doesn't mean I think everyone should shave their heads. I do think they should learn to accept themselves.

I value my hair. I want hair. I like hair. What you say isn't going to change it no matter how many times you try to say it. I'm sure thats the same feeling around the forum.

Who said I'm trying to convince you not to value your hair? All I've been saying is that you shouldn't value yourself based on your hair. Big difference. Some guys act like they're going to die if they don't have hair. Ask a burn victim sometime about that.

I personally feel the bald look is kinda dumb and only a certain few can make it look good. Just like short hair on females... only a few can pull it off and make it look good.

I love short hair on women. :)

IBM

Reaction score
We could go with all the theories but the truth is once we're on a certain stage we cant go back.