Is it a thing to have multiple sheds

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started dutasteride almost 2 years ago after 20+ on finasteride. I started 1 dutasteride +6Fins a week ultimately working my way to dutasteride EOD.

When i started dutasteride i had an initial shed 6 weeks in. It seems like I have having another one . Is it possible or is it losing its power? would reintroducing finasteride on the off days help?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started dutasteride almost 2 years ago after 20+ on finasteride. I started 1 dutasteride +6Fins a week ultimately working my way to dutasteride EOD.

When i started dutasteride i had an initial shed 6 weeks in. It seems like I have having another one . Is it possible or is it losing its power? would reintroducing finasteride on the off days help?
Interesting. 20 years could be the period after which both finasteride and Duta peter out. That finally happened to me too but no sheds. Why not minoxidil?

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. 20 years could be the period after which both finasteride and Duta peter out. That finally happened to me too but no sheds. Why not minoxidil?
topical? I just dont have the discipline or want. finasteride was great. started at 22 and it slowed my recession way down. It clearly started to lose effectiveness. my thought was dutasteride would help. After the intial shed it seemed fine but noticed recently the itching returned with some loss.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
topical? I just dont have the discipline or want. finasteride was great. started at 22 and it slowed my recession way down. It clearly started to lose effectiveness. my thought was dutasteride would help. After the intial shed it seemed fine but noticed recently the itching returned with some loss.
Sheds are generally beneficial. That's what distinguishes them from other forms of hair loss. I think both hair that is going and hair that is recovering can cause inflammation so take a look at this and see what you think:

Janey

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is normal, if you start losing density too then start to worry. Remember you shed more during summer months too.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is normal, if you start losing density too then start to worry. Remember you shed more during summer months too.
I am aware but this feels like my shed when i initially started dutasteride. i never shed 20yrs ago when I started finasteride. Seems weird to shed 1.5 years into program after already shedding at start.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am aware but this feels like my shed when i initially started dutasteride. i never shed 20yrs ago when I started finasteride. Seems weird to shed 1.5 years into program after already shedding at start.

I understand that, what im saying is that it is not something to worry about unless it also starts to impact density. Have you seen how much women shed yet still have full heads of hair? Just closely monitor, take pics etc over the next 6 months or so.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand that, what im saying is that it is not something to worry about unless it also starts to impact density. Have you seen how much women shed yet still have full heads of hair? Just closely monitor, take pics etc over the next 6 months or so.
what bums me out is that similar to intial shed when I started dutasteride is that there is itching. I didnt have itching a month ago. now out of nowhere i have itching.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you shed and not lose density? I shed constantly all mature hair but life cycle shortening and definitely thinning out fast…