Is Intercytex mixing DP cells from multiple follicles?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would think that any single hair follicle contains multiple dermal papilla (DP) cells which all produce hair in synch with one another. So I hope that Intercytex isn't taking all the DP cells from multiple follicles, and cultivating that mix of cells in the same petri dish.

Any thoughts?

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Would they only need one hair to get dermal papilla cells?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you just answered my question, indirectly.

Intercytex stated on their website that they are taking more than one follicle - 100 or so, I believe. They need to do this, because if they just use one single follicle for the multiplication process, then there is a chance that all of the new follicles will go into the telogen phase at the same time, which would leave the implant area bald for a long time, until those hairs start growing again. So I think they are thinking ahead in that respect, and if their thought process went that far, they are probably well aware that they shouldn't mix DP cells from multiple hair follicles during the culturing process.

Man, I can't wait until they give another Phase II update next year. Some photos would be nice, too.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
We'll probably get photos in March in their Preliminiary Results like they did show for that one presentation with Phase I photos. The way they do this procedure is a trade secret, they probably don't want Aderans learning how they do it.

elquapo, you and I seem like the only ones excited about this whereas people here seem a little too pessimistic about this. Nothing wrong with a little pessimissim, but there's been quite a bit on this board. I've learned to be optimistic and realistic like Optimist.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually i am preety excited abou this too, and preety sad that this forum has so little movement.

Although i try to act as it is never gonna happen (i use treatments, consider a hair transplant etc) i really have many hopes on this. Especially since i am headed for at least a nw5.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
Actually i am preety excited abou this too, and preety sad that this forum has so little movement.

Although i try to act as it is never gonna happen (i use treatments, consider a hair transplant etc) i really have many hopes on this. Especially since i am headed for at least a nw5.

I'm with you on your last sentence. If it does come out, I can get something back I've been losing for some time. I'm looking forward to new treatments when they come out because I'll be making enough money for the procedure.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm very much looking forward to the results in march too but it's just one of those wait and see things. No new info till then.

I'm also really wanting to see some new meds come through like NEOSH101 or RU, both in phase 2.

I can't use finasteride because of sides and since stopping I've lost a lot of ground. Had to stop foam because it made my head dry and itchy as well so I’m screwed till something good comes out. I'm trying to hold on using spironolactone for now.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
The RU have been in phase 2 for a couple of years so nobody knows if it actually gonna hit the market. But you could get the RU powder from Faith Eagle. The thing with RU is that smells a little. But if you cant handle any other drugs it could be cool thing to try.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about getting the powder but I can't be bothered mixing it and all that and it's not meant to last long. I would want the ready made stuff I could just spray on my head.

I am hoping HM comes out sooner then most expect and really hope it's a much better alternative to hair transplant.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Mixing it shouldn't be a big problem..I don't think HM all the hype that it is..But the new patent seems really interesting..Would be great if they found a way take some follicle cells and then place them another place, without damaging the original follicle..But the future brings alot..just shave your head or buzz it and make the best out if..get involved with stuff the gives you meaning :)