İs here a direct linkage between sebum and Finasteride?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stephan's case is more real, in my opinion, than CAIS, .... the word "complete" in androgen insensitivity "grinds" my neurons. I really doubt his existence....

I have no idea what that means.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear friend,
You should know that I do not think that there are people with COMPLETE androgen insensitivity,
Androgens are necessary for other functions, more than"tease" to the hair follicles, such as neurosteroids etc.
I think what makes more sense what tells us this guy, and he is not unique

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear friend,
You should know that I do not think that there are people with COMPLETE androgen insensitivity...

Maybe some of them are only 99% complete.

Androgens are necessary for other functions, more than"tease" to the hair follicles, such as neurosteroids etc.

If another part of the molecule (apart from having to do with its "androgenicity") is having some effect, then it's not really anything specifically having to do with being androgens, is it? It's sort of like how finasteride and dutasteride prevent 5a-reductase from converting testosterone into being DHT, without having any effect on the "androgenicity" of 5a-reductase.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your honesty, I sense that you're not so sure about the existence of the CAIS people. ;)
Regulation and the different routes of androgen system is very complex and not fully understood, but if we stick to the hair is simpler. As always knows, hair is attached to the sebaceous gland. Without DHT is not operative, then the question, A healthy hair needs sebum? Clearly YES, ... Otherwise, the hair would be brittle and lusterless. Do you remember my opinion on the sebum in childrens?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your honesty, I sense that you're not so sure about the existence of the CAIS people. ;)

I have no doubt whatsoever about the existence of CAIS people. The existence of that syndrome has been SOUNDLY reported by doctors and scientists in the medical literature. Imperato-McGinley used them in a study that measured the production of sebum by various groups of people: young children, adult women, adult males, and finasteride users. Imperato-McGinley found that people with CAIS had no more sebum production than young, prepubescent children (virtually ZERO sebum).

Hair does NOT need sebum; that much is certain, because nobody has ever mentioned that people with CAIS have hair that is "brittle and lusterless". I remember the experiment you did with your children, but I don't remember any conclusion that you reached about it.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
_news_bigphotos_images_081022-drug-mummies_big.jpg

This is a example of hair without sebum

- - - Updated - - -

I measured sebum in hairs of children (both sexes) under 6 years

- - - Updated - - -

I have also asked many mothers if their children had fat hair, especially when they spent a few days between washings, and the answer was yes, Amending its odor.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I measured sebum in hairs of children (both sexes) under 6 years

- - - Updated - - -

I have also asked many mothers if their children had fat hair, especially when they spent a few days between washings, and the answer was yes, Amending its odor.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fat hair".

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
how can you tell if you have a sebum problem?

i have oily hair, but i dont have any clumps on my scalp etc. i wash my hair dialy.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no doubt whatsoever about the existence of CAIS people. The existence of that syndrome has been SOUNDLY reported by doctors and scientists in the medical literature. Imperato-McGinley used them in a study that measured the production of sebum by various groups of people: young children, adult women, adult males, and finasteride users. Imperato-McGinley found that people with CAIS had no more sebum production than young, prepubescent children (virtually ZERO sebum).

Hair does NOT need sebum; that much is certain, because nobody has ever mentioned that people with CAIS have hair that is "brittle and lusterless". I remember the experiment you did with your children, but I don't remember any conclusion that you reached about it.

Sorry for our friend Bryan (RIP), but CAIS, Complete Androgen Insensitivity Sindrome people, don't exist.

There is an article

Adverse effects of 5α-reductase inhibitors: What do we know, don’t know, and need to know?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26296373

Based on the analysis of primary DNA sequences, the family
of 5α-Rs is currently thought to encompass five enzymes,
including the three main 5α-R isotypes (1, 2, and 3) and the
two trans-2,3 enoyl-CoA reductases (TECR and TECR-like)
[2, 3]. To date, no genetic deficiency has been reported for 5α-
R type 1 enzyme
. In contrast, the clinical consequences of
congenital 5α-R type 2 deficiencies are well characterized
and consist in alterations of sexual differentiation [4–10]. Mutations
in 5α-R type 3 have also been described, and are associated
with mental retardation and visual disturbances
[11–14].