Is Hair System Possible If I Have Thick Frontal Hair?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get a partial system that covers the crown, or back, depending on how far back it goes. Can you post a pic, or at least send one over PM, it's hard to tell based on a verbal description.

Steve

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In short, yes it is possible to wear a system behind a front hairline.

Attaching to shaven or buzzed down hair will help it though

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea. I understand that. But my question is, whether the thick hair in the front growing underneath the hair system make it more likely to get detached from the scalp?

Yes they do especially if you use tape. You’ll shave them and have frequent maintenance. But the hair in front make it perfect for a hair system for camouflage and making it hard for someone to “feel” the system if they run their fingers there.

EDIT: what I mean is you’ll shave the area and leave a thin line of hair in front to mix with the hair system attached right behind them.

Last edited:

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not planning to do it that way though bevause the hairline is really bad. I am going to shave the whole top off and then put on a hair system. I was just worried if the thick hair growing underneath would make it more likely for the system to detach from the front. But the other guys say that's not gonna happen so I'll take their word.

It’s not going to go off but it might itch and the more the hair grow the easier for the glue to start “f*****g up”. Especially the front part which has some curve to it (forehead to scalp) expect to have issues with the system regardless of glue or tape. TLDR choose the right glue and go with tape in front+back and glue in front only because glue everywhere and self care is gonna be a b**ch. And sure u can take anyone’s word what do I know.

NYCHairGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Healthy natural bio-hair grows at the rate of .5" per month--stress on the "healthy." Thinning hair (which is by definition not healthy) may not grow nearly that fast. But even if yours does, you'll want to take the system off occasionally to clean it, to wash your scalp, etc. When you take it off, you just re-shave the area to get rid of the new growth. I'm doing this now and I'm finding it really easy.