Is hair system on the crown and hair transplant in the front a good idea for good looking hair?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Definitely don't want that thin look NW6-7s usually get with hair transplant, so I am willing to continue wearing a small hairpiece on the crown. That would make life so much easier, because of no hairline and the small area is definitely less time laying glue as well. I am willing to use hair building fibers to add thickness. How would transitioning to that be most unnoticeable?
Thanks!

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine its incredidbly difficult to wear a system after a hair transplant. If you bond like she says you'd have to do this in front of the grafts lowering your 'natural' hairline. And if its alrger system then somehow use clips which I've never done...It seems hard to do IMO.

I've often wondered if I went down the hair transplant route how I would do this and still wear?. I have some hairline still but I think its a high hairline so i wear a hairline piece and I grow the rest of my hair. Its very easy to maintain and clean up etc..

But if I did decide a hair transplant and was a good candidate I would probably have 3 options.

1. Have a transplant at my current hairlinewhich would thicken the areas up. Then once its grew longer either brush my hair down and not expose my higher hairline. Or then go for a 2nd hair transplant at the hairline and use my existing hair to cover new grafts until they've grown.

2. Say screw it have a larger hair transplant that lowers my hairline and either tell everyone what I'm doing or go 'travelling' for 6 months and wait until its grown in a bit.

3. Lower my hairline with a hair transplant but attach my hairline piece in front of the grafts which would lower my hairline even more..so would people notice? And then wait until the grafts have grown and then stop wearing.

My hairline piece is pretty thin so i think all 3 are possible solutions for me.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I wouldn't be ashamed of if people saw i've had a transplant. Shame is only in wearing a hair system. As bases shrink with age anyway, I get 2 cm-s of recession with systems. That 2 cm-s could be filled. It's a recessed shape hairline I have now, so at first could only start filling the temples. Then move there:
1707341527140.png

And then finally in a 3rd or 2nd session in the middle of the hairline. The more sessions I do, the smoother the transition, no?

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be ashamed of if people saw i've had a transplant. Shame is only in wearing a hair system. As bases shrink with age anyway, I get 2 cm-s of recession with systems. That 2 cm-s could be filled. It's a recessed shape hairline I have now, so at first could only start filling the temples. Then move there:
View attachment 186498

And then finally in a 3rd or 2nd session in the middle of the hairline. The more sessions I do, the smoother the transition, no?
I never said it was shameful to have a hair transplant. I said its very hard to have a hair transplant and still wear so you would have to admit you wore a piece. But if all you need is recession filled in then how would you cover the recession after the hair transplant?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I never said it was shameful to have a hair transplant. I said its very hard to have a hair transplant and still wear so you would have to admit you wore a piece. But if all you need is recession filled in then how would you cover the recession after the hair transplant?
Hair system hair combed forward until transplant starts growing.

tego

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 186498

I am sorry you feel like that.I don't..As a matter of fact i am very comfortable,l dont even think about it.

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
'Shame' is an odd word to use, i don't want to be presumptuous but i think Fanjeera might not have english as his first language so that might explain him using that word.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Joe Biden's hair basically would be perfect. How many cm-s of front does he have?