Is Hair Loss A Secondary Issue To Posters Here?

K

karankaran

I feel that after reading a lot of threads here (esp. suicide related), I am beginning to wonder if we all need someone to talk to - but because this forum somehow limits us to discuss impact of hair loss, hair loss becomes the main culprit - I am not saying baldness is not the issue but I am saying that it is one of the multiple issues we are all facing in our lives.

Some of us feel that we are ugly. Some of us feel that we lack confidence in social/dating situations. In such a case, what is really the primary issue.

I feel like that most of us need a support system that we do not have outside this forum and this impact forum is more than just hair loss - it is a place where we can shed our inhibitions and share our insecurities without being mocked at.

Does everything need a point?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Is Hair Loss A Secondary Issue To Posters Here?

No. Without hair loss my life would be perfect. I would be able to talk to and slay nothing but 10's. I would get so many 10's, that I would get bored of them and start dating 9's just to mix things up. Dating, social, professional life, all would be just perfect.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel that after reading a lot of threads here (esp. suicide related), I am beginning to wonder if we all need someone to talk to - but because this forum somehow limits us to discuss impact of hair loss, hair loss becomes the main culprit - I am not saying baldness is not the issue but I am saying that it is one of the multiple issues we are all facing in our lives.

Some of us feel that we are ugly. Some of us feel that we lack confidence in social/dating situations. In such a case, what is really the primary issue.

I feel like that most of us need a support system that we do not have outside this forum and this impact forum is more than just hair loss - it is a place where we can shed our inhibitions and share our insecurities without being mocked at.

There is a range of posters. For some, hair loss is the primary reason that they are here. For others it's just one among several big issues that they are facing.

miracure

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, I think its first priority to every users here. Because most of them are suffering hair problem and waiting for to get best suggestion to keep them up.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like that most of us need a support system that we do not have outside this forum and this impact forum is more than just hair loss - it is a place where we can shed ourinhibitions and share our insecurities without being mocked at.

you're definitely onto something there. i remember a recent thread with some of the regular "Impact" posters where we saw that a big portion of us come from abusive parents. since i had no extended family either, i have basically no support group. so that is an underlying issue. if i did, who knows, maybe hair loss would still tear us apart in some way. even those within your own support group have trouble empathizing with hair loss. the attempts we get at consolation are often closer to minimization.

resu

Reaction score
My hair made me feel good when it looked good, I felt at least I still had my hair no matter how bad my situation was. I also thought that the other issues were manageable but then enters hair loss and it's the nail in the coffin.

Last edited:

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score

hair loss amplifies every other problem you have 10fold.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score

My primary issue is my skull shape. Have buzzed my hair once before, literally think I have scaphocephaly. Not only can I not go bald, I can't even buzz my hair. Looks horrendous. Hair hides my head shape, so I am going to do anything possible to keep my hair.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Comparing the old fred to the new one is almost hilarious.
"just deal with it brah"

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the meantime: remain balanced dude, work on yourself, hit the gym, get a tan and think positive!
Easy to say hard as f*** to implement. Im having a tough time dealing with the fact that I completely lost my opportunity. Cant imagine how it feels for Dante

Last edited:

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
There can be no despair if there's no hope. I never hoped about women, I always knew what was my fate all along and accepted it. It's only the social stigma that bothers me ans causes me pain.
3F8B5D4400000578-0-image-m-15_1492998525875.jpg

Moneymaxing brah

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much every hair loss sufferer says that his head shape is horrible.

It really makes you wonder, even I thought that I had a huge deformed head, turns out it was perfectly normal and bumpless.

And again, lol at "I can't go bald."

I hope you don't become bald, but if you get there, you'll just deal with it like the rest of us who have gone through aggressive hair loss.
I get what you're saying, but I actually have a messed up skull shape. I hear people say all the time about how they're worried about their head shape when it normally ends up looking fine, but mine is definitely an actual abnormality. I have a significant rigde on my skull, and it isn't round whatsoever. My dad has a similar head shape, and now that he is losing his hair it is becoming more pronounced. I have buzzed my hair before when I was younger and it looked terrible (This was just with a short buzz so it still hid the shape slightly). When I say I can't go bald, I mean I can't just shave my head and accept balding. If I come to that point I will have to go the hair piece route, because my head shape under my hair is too weird to just accept having a bald head.