Is full recovery even possible ??

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
just out of curiousity, has anyone recovered fully from hairloss ?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
It depends how far along the male pattern baldness timeline you are. For those just starting to lose, it's definitely possible (but not assured). For those who've waited several years, or been inconsistent in their regimen (like me), probably not with today's treatments.

My strategy at this point is to do my best to keep what I have and hopefully invigorate some regrowth. I'll take all I can get, of course. However, keeping as many follicles viable as possible is my goal. There will be advances in male pattern baldness treatment in the future (when, where, and how, who knows?), and I feel it's prudent to be in at least a holding pattern for the next thing that comes around the corner.

My opinion only.

Britannia

Reaction score
Dave001 said:
It's not possible.

Rubbish. Its unlikely but not unheard of. If youve just started to notice thinning and you start the big 3, theres no reason you cant fully regrow what youve lost.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
Dave001 said:
It's not possible.

Rubbish. Its unlikely but not unheard of. If youve just started to notice thinning and you start the big 3, theres no reason you cant fully regrow what youve lost.

Your opinion is not shared by authoritive voices on the subject, nor is it supported empirically; it's wishful thinking.

G

Dave001 said:
Britannia said:
Dave001 said:
It's not possible.

Your opinion is not shared by authoritive voices on the subject, nor is it supported empirically; it's wishful thinking.

I dont know if its wishful thinking but its definitely positive thinking. Did you have look at joebs success story ? I am not sure who you are referring to as "authoritive voices" as if they are the Oracles in Hairloss science. finally, Miracles do happen every so often. Hope is eternal and should be.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is possible to recover, came across 1 case before who was Norwood 4-5 totally restored all his hair to pre male pattern baldness levels taking propecia

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This example shows the importance of staying on the treatment for a long period of time. Notice regrowth at the crown appearing at 13 months into treatment.

This gave me hope to keep on the regimen,

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
It is possible to recover, came across 1 case before who was Norwood 4-5 totally restored all his hair to pre male pattern baldness levels taking propecia

hmmm...maybe i should start on propecia.

Britannia

Reaction score
Dave001 said:
Britannia said:
Dave001 said:
It's not possible.

Actually my view is definately one shared by "authoritive" figures on this forum. Just in case you are under any illusion, you are certainely not considered an "authoritive" voice on this forum (or even a respectable one).

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zimmy said:
Dave001 said:

Rubbish.

Is this wishful thinking? One of many great results ive seen documentated.

http://www.regrowth.com/results.cfm
Your eyes deceive you. Hopefully your comment was just a really bad joke, because histological examination would be required to demonstrate anything close to a complete reversal.

Some of you are apparently confusing the original question, which was not "can someone regrow hair to a *cosmetically acceptable* level?" The question was whether one can regrow *all* of his hair, to which I replied "no". Furthermore, the answer applies to presently available medical treatment, and is not intended as a prediction of the future.

I can dig up some review articles from authors who are among the most well respected by their peers and have produced a substantial proportion of the published peer-reviewed scientific research on alopecia (that was implied by "authoritative voices", which a few of you had trouble with), and produce quotations to that effect. As far as hard evidence that complete reversal is not possible, that would be a little bit like trying to prove that god doesn't exist. That's probably a fairly accurate analogy too, considering that most of the discussion that goes on here is more religious than scientific in nature. I suspect that no amount of evidence would ever be sufficient.

It's not apparent why it would even matter whether absolute reversal is currently possible. Complere reversal is not necessary to produce a cosmetically acceptable result.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
Actually my view is definately one shared by "authoritive" figures on this forum.

I guess we have a very different understanding of the word "authoritative". Anonymous individuals posting on Internet hair loss forums are not among the list of whom I'd regard as authorities on anything.

Deaner

Reaction score
You're a nob, stop talking. Aren't you late for the Dictionary club meeting Comic Book Guy?

misterium

Reaction score
Hi.

You got a joint? ... it'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Deaner

Reaction score
That's so creepy, I've been quoting that non-stop for a day cuz I just watched that movie for the first time last night. Who the fack are you.

misterium

Reaction score
Look out that window of yours.

You'll see.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
Handsomejim said:
My Hair thickened up pretty well. Not quite fully back to normal but almost there. I don't think it's going to get any thicker though.

I've got a friend who has had phenomenal results - actually unbeleivable, but then again I have heard of people who don't see much hair growth. I think it all depends on the person!

what are you using ?

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
You're a nob, stop talking. Aren't you late for the Dictionary club meeting Comic Book Guy?

Nope. I've got another 15 minutes to spare.