Is FUE a good option?

JJCayJ

Reaction score
I've been contemplating getting a transplant for some years, but after doing research and consultations I didn't think the strip transplant was a good idea.

For awhile I've been hearing about the FUE transplant method. I haven't been on a consultation yet, but it seems as though the only thing to lose, when doing the FUE, is money, if it doesn't go as planned? Am I right or wrong? I am trying to get more information on it, so any help or testimony is appreciated.

Some side information: I'm african american and I hope to still cut my hair low (buzz cut), if I was ever to decide to do this.....Also, if anyone knows any good doctors in Texas I can consult with let me know(I heard there are some good ones in Texas).

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
Good news, I have read somewhere, that curly hair is a blessing for transplant and requires less, or can cover a greater density. It covers more hair than stick straight hair. I have curlly hair too, with a low contrast to scalp. Women say I have dirty blonde hair, maybe they just said its dirty. :dunno: Hopefully your hair and scalp color are close in color.

JJCayJ

Reaction score
where did you hear curly hair is good? and my hair color is not close to the color of my scalp

Wylie

Reaction score
FUE is your BEST option. You don't want a strip scar. But this advice comes with a warning: Many doctors are not very proficient at FUE, and there are none in Texas that I know of. FUE has a high failure rate in the wrong hands. I don't know how much coverage you are after but FUE will give you the option of shaving your head after your surgery, regardless. You should consult with one of the best at FUE, Dr. Umar in California.