Is fincar too good to be true?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just calculated that propecia cost me $680 per year. And then I calculated the cost of splitting fincar up into 4s, and it would be $68 a year. That's GOT to be too good to be true and the stuff must be fake.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Proscar's a far cheaper version of Finasteride than Propecia. Then knock the cost down with a generic, and yeah, thing's are going to get more affordable.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Fincar is not fake.........Propecia is just overpriced by Merck,then Proscar is cheaper cos its not specifically designed for hairloss(but it does the same thing).........then like far too young said,take into account that Fincar is Proscars generic version............its much much much cheaper but completely legit

Merck prices propecia so high cos they market it specifically for hairloss,and no price is too high to pay for getting your hair back.....for some people anyway :hairy:

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Merk, Pfizer, Bayer - the big name drug companies, always beware of their pricing. They generally have the money to put something like finasteride-for-hair-loss through trials, and we should be thankful for that. But once they have that initial patent, it's a patent, and they're going to milk it for all it's worth.

People are weary of generics and that's ridiculous. It's the SAME COMPOUND in those drugs. It would be illegal to label it as such if it weren't. The U.S. doesn't have the best prescription drug policy, but you can bet that if a drug's generics are sold in the U.S., they've been tested for legitimacy and their quality is the same.

So, in short, you're perfectly fine with generic proscar. It's all finasteride.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just make sure u get your generic proscar from a reliable source like united or inhouse's cipla stuff.

lunarjm

Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
just make sure u get your generic proscar from a reliable source like united or inhouse's cipla stuff.

So is Fincar the most "reliable" generic Proscar?

lunarjm

Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
What do you mean by "reliable?"

Basically...if you're going to buy generic Proscar, what drug company has the best reputation. Is Fincar the way to go?

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I wonder if fincar is better then those other genric brands like finast etc. ? On United Pharmacys they have sevreal genric brands of Proscar. I may just buy the real Proscar for 75 bucks for 30 tablets from United Pharmacys. Thats still cheap 4 me. (Rather then paying 210 dollars for Propecia for 90 pills from the Dr's Pharmacy) Then If i get them from that site, I get to cut the Proscar up and I would get 4 times the amount of pills. And I dont have to worry about it being a fake or not. Plus I thought about buying Propecia for 65 bucks for 30 pills but why do that when i can get more out of proscar for 10 dollars more.
It seems to me this makes it up in what you want to spend.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well, i don't know if it's the most reliable or not but it seems to be the overall agreed generic version of Proscar that's best to buy due to reputation and price. u might as well go for the brand everyone agrees on as opposed to trying some unknown brand that could be fake or dodgy!

lunarjm

Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
well, i don't know if it's the most reliable or not but it seems to be the overall agreed generic version of Proscar that's best to buy due to reputation and price. u might as well go for the brand everyone agrees on as opposed to trying some unknown brand that could be fake or dodgy!

Concerning your regimen, do you take 1.25 mg of Proscar because it's easier to divide the pill into 4 equal parts, or do you want to take more than the recommended 1 mg dosage?

I was thinking of getting on Proscar and starting at .25 mg, due to some of the things I read that the .25 dosage had the same effect as 1 mg?

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lunarjm said:
Concerning your regimen, do you take 1.25 mg of Proscar because it's easier to divide the pill into 4 equal parts, or do you want to take more than the recommended 1 mg dosage?
because it's easier to split a proscar in 4 than in 5, it's a small pill. the difference of effectiveness between 1.25mg and 1mg is almost zero.

I was thinking of getting on Proscar and starting at .25 mg, due to some of the things I read that the .25 dosage had the same effect as 1 mg
if u want 0.25mg get propecia or finpecia (both 1mg pills) and split them in 4. it'll be impossible to split a proscar pill in 20 parts to get 0.25mg.[/quote]

lunarjm

Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
lunarjm said:
because it's easier to split a proscar in 4 than in 5, it's a small pill. the difference of effectiveness between 1.25mg and 1mg is almost zero.

I was thinking of getting on Proscar and starting at .25 mg, due to some of the things I read that the .25 dosage had the same effect as 1 mg
if u want 0.25mg get propecia or finpecia (both 1mg pills) and split them in 4. it'll be impossible to split a proscar pill in 20 parts to get 0.25mg.
[/quote]

Proscar into 20 parts...that would be interesting! Have you also read anything about .25 mg of finasteride vs. 1 mg and its effectiveness? The issue seems to be very prevalent.