Is Finasteride Working Or Am I Reeceding More?

Ag999

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know two month is a short time to be on finasteride, i’m only 19 and my hairs been receding for quite a while. I started finasteride in April, and i have experienced some sides, but before i took finasteride i was having so many anxiety issues and depression - i used to count every single strand of hair. Using finasteride i just feel bit reliefed. BUT i don’t know if it’s working or not, it’s been about two months but i’m not sure. I would add minoxidil if you guys think it’s worsening. Either way im attaching two pics - second one in apr and first just today. i know it’s been two months, but i’m really worried. Any advice at all would be helpful, thanks alot!! and it’s my first time here. by the way ive had a haircut too so, i dont know.

Attachments

• 1D2530B1-3A0E-41BE-9F81-734E0A3A4DBA.jpeg
    1D2530B1-3A0E-41BE-9F81-734E0A3A4DBA.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 256
  • 38B452E5-B71C-4C93-BBED-6A2F0B7BC645.jpeg
    38B452E5-B71C-4C93-BBED-6A2F0B7BC645.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 286

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you show baseline pictures it’s difficult to give advice. Two months is nothing for what is effectively a lifetime treatment in finasteride. There can be several sheds and adjustments for at least a year. Keep taking your pills and try to forget about it. I recommend complementing finasteride with a ketoconazole based shampoo.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't start minoxidil just stick with finasteride for atleast 12 months and use nizoral 3x a week. Too early to tell if it's doing any good right now.

Ag999

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't start minoxidil just stick with finasteride for atleast 12 months and use nizoral 3x a week. Too early to tell if it's doing any good right now.
will i not get a higher chance of more worse sides, if i'm using nizoral and finasteride?? i did have some sides with finasteride, watery semen and even testcile pain etc.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
will i not get a higher chance of more worse sides, if i'm using nizoral and finasteride?? i did have some sides with finasteride, watery semen and even testcile pain etc.

Watery semen is normal, went away with me after a few months, didn't get any testicular pain...you have to choose between hair and sides, my libido for example has taken a hit, but it still in no way impacts my life, i can masturbate etc just fine i just live with a slightly decreased libido.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
will i not get a higher chance of more worse sides, if i'm using nizoral and finasteride??

No, ketoconazole based shampoos complement finasteride by reducing scalp inflammation and creating a better environment for hair to grow.