Is finasteride making my hair worse?

Ismael

My Regimen
Reaction score
So 3 months of finasteride (I just turned 20) and it seems as though I am losing hair on the back of my head, below the crown. I have never experienced this kind of loss before starting finasteride and it almost looks like I have a bald line going down the back right side of my head. I am really scared as to what this could be, my crown which is what I started taking finasteride for hasn't seemed to have improved either and when I shower, I am noticing a lot of very thin fragile hairs that I have never shed before in my life until just this past month. Is finasteride making my hair loss worse or is this a shed that could potentially make my hair grow back thicker soon?

View attachment 31103
Taken a week BEFORE I started on finasteride 1.25mg

View attachment 31104
Taken just after I woke up today.

My libido has plunged in the past month as well and I no longer get the urge to masturbate or morning wood like I did a month back and ever since I hit puberty.
Dude i reallly hope your still here my english is kinda bad so sorry if its hard to understand, I have about the same problem as you my sides and my back of my hair are reallllyyyyyy thin and on top less thin am 4 month on finas before that i whas losing my hair for like 3 month and till this day it never stopped am so worried and deppressd i dont know what to do at this point, Did you stop takking it ? Did your hair grow back? If you stopt taking it how did you stop? Any tips of what i should do before its gone? I really hope you still here am only 20 years old.....

User12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude i reallly hope your still here my english is kinda bad so sorry if its hard to understand, I have about the same problem as you my sides and my back of my hair are reallllyyyyyy thin and on top less thin am 4 month on finas before that i whas losing my hair for like 3 month and till this day it never stopped am so worried and deppressd i dont know what to do at this point, Did you stop takking it ? Did your hair grow back? If you stopt taking it how did you stop? Any tips of what i should do before its gone? I really hope you still here am only 20 years old.....
Hey man can you please let me know if you stopped or what your progress is. I have been on finastride for 5 months and my hair has never been thinner. I started noticing thinning and shedding about a month and a half into it, and im loosing so much hair daily and its thinning so rapidly its never fell this fast. Within these 5 months my hair has never receded and thinned this fast. I look back at pictures when i first started and my hair was much thicker compared to now

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to hear more too. Also, what do you think about some supplements and maybe meds like those on BidRx.com for your hair, for example? Have you ever tried anything like that? I would appreciate any tips and suggestions on it, thanks!

Last edited: