Is finasteride GUARANTEED to shrink your genitals and give you ED eventually? (Daily Mail)

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
No. If finasteride was guaranteed to shrink your genitals, I'm pretty sure no guy would ever even consider taking it. "Finasteride, guaranteed to shrink your penis" isn't the best selling slogan

You've been on it for a few months now with no problem..you'll most likely be fine

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just as Kirby says, this is a sensationalist article that contains no real useful or accurate content. What's most ridiculous is they blatantly are trying to ride Wayne Rooney's fame to try to garner some hits.

It doesn't look like they did more than a few minutes of homework, because if they did any searching at all they would find the US labels actually DO warn of persistent (or permanent, as the terms are often synonymous) symptoms.

The sources for this article include the single case of Kevin, the poorly conducted Irwig study and the sample of users from Propeciahelp. Not surprisingly for one of these sensationalist articles, they left out the dozens of placebo controlled studies involving tens of thousands of men that did NOT show any of these symptoms.

To this date, not a single controlled study has found that even one person experienced persistent symptoms. Furthermore, I haven't seen genital shrinkage, temporal or otherwise, even mentioned in a controlled study done on finasteride. Again, tens of thousands of men taking this drug for years, and not ONE of them reported that their genitals shrank. It just doesn't happen.

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
No. If finasteride was guaranteed to shrink your genitals, I'm pretty sure no guy would ever even consider taking it. "Finasteride, guaranteed to shrink your penis" isn't the best selling slogan

You've been on it for a few months now with no problem..you'll most likely be fine

What about for guys like me who are too big?? We need a product like finasteride ...

:D :p

B

Beingbaldsucksass

The Gentiles shrinking sound either bull**** or very very rare cuz it's the first time I heard of it

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
It is a little odd. Similar articles have been circulating US media as well:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/baldne...g-possibly-permanent-sexual/story?id=16758123

It does document that some people experience sexual side effects and that some of these appear to be long lasting or permanent. However, I think this is largely known at this stage especially as it further illustrates the low occurence of these:

On its website, the FDA said only 36 of 945 men who took Propecia in clinical trials reported any adverse sexual side effects. Irwig agrees that the number of men who will experience these long-lasting side effects is relatively small, likely around 3 percent of all men who take the drug.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm worried about this. I've been on finasteride for 4 months ish with no noticeable sides. I've been on 5% Min for about 3 weeks.

Please by all means don't look for sides. Live your life!

fml

Established Member
Reaction score
Massive understatement of the year.

They're the British tabloid newspaper with the least accurate (and most sensationalist) coverage of science possible.

Your political bias is likely showing. Asserting that one British tabloid is less accurate/more sensationalist than another is simply laughable and says more about the person saying it. And anybody who gets any scientific info from any mainstream media source is a fool.

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT maintains penile lenght.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree however please can you supply some reliable scientific evidence to back this up with? - specifically evidence which focuses on fully developed adult men.

g.i joey

Reaction score
people who have no androgenic activity have a small penis.

what is wrong with you people?!
People with no androgenic activity through puberty may have this kind of problem. Dht after puberty does bring benefit, but you CAN live fine without and maintain a regular sexual function. I still dont discount the rare few who get serious sides.

Reaction score
Could not see that mine are shrinking and I am also not willing to post before/after pics about that here.

But I may be interested in that topic. Can you still grow some larger ones by taking some hormones?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-permanent-impotence-shrink-genitals-men.html

I'm worried about this. I've been on finasteride for 4 months ish with no noticeable sides. I've been on 5% Min for about 3 weeks.

Is it DEFINITELY shrinking genitals and causing ED in the background? Or is it you either get hit (struck in a bad way) instantly or not at all?

Doubt it. My genitals are the same and definitely have no ED. Been on finasteride for 2 years and am 22 years old. Stuff isn't really working for me though (continuing to lose hair), so maybe I am a bad example.

g.i joey

Reaction score
you're full of **** brah, full blown out QUACK!! sounds like i'm reading propecia's leaflet!!

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/post-finasteride-syndrome-sexual-symptoms/ ----> PENILE SHRINKAGE is listed as a side for finasteride's "rare" PFS

Castrated humans have their penile lenght reduced! Read below
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21699669

Penile length changes in men treated with androgen suppression plus radiation therapy for local or locally advanced prostate cancer.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17162022

Rats administered finasteride had reduced penile lenght as well:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22375859

I received once again bad reputation for inacurate, unhelpful info. Yet I am the one posting studies. Some people just can't handle the truth.

dont blame finasteride for being born with a small c*** brah. 2 months on finasteride and received prob one of the best blowjobs of my life last night. woke up to a text saying "i just wanted to ttell you again, you have a beautiful c***" (dead srs).

i mean i even acknowledged the fact that for some people, they might be susceptible to that side effect, and you still neg repped me.