Is everything a scam?

theresnohope123

Reaction score
I'm a 25m who has tried rogaine (made matters much worse after a year of dedicated use), avoided finasteride (side effects ARE permanent and VERY real, too many testimonials to ignore).

Is every hair loss "cure" besides transplants just one giant scam?

I feel like many threads including some in this forum are fake testimonials. I go to Amazon and the only positive reviews for Rogaine are obviously scammers with just one review.

Has anyone ever had success with any product? I would just like to maintain what I have but I've never seen a REAL positive testimonial from anybody regarding Rogaine or finasteride. Just people saying "I've started this regimen and it seems to be working, will update in 6 months" and they never come back lol. Obviously it ain't working.

I've come to terms that there really is no solution besides a hair transplant, but it's upsetting how manipulative companies can be to take advantage of men throughout the country.

MoHairMoBetta

Established Member
Reaction score
There's like 30 pages of success stories right here. A lot of them don't have photographic evidence, but if you look through you'll find LOTS of threads that document real people who have had considerable success using mostly Finasteride and/or Minoxidil and/or Nizoral. The key is to properly define success. There's no cure for male pattern baldness. Success ranges from simply keeping your existing hair for the next 5+ years, to minor or even significant regrowth in thinning areas.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I feel like many threads including some in this forum are fake testimonials.

Yeah, the only true testimonials on this and other hair loss forums are the ones claiming finasteride sides and PFS. Forget clinical trials and the 20 year safety profile, any positive finasteride testimonial is guaranteed lie.

- - - Updated - - -

avoided finasteride (side effects ARE permanent and VERY real, too many testimonials to ignore).

I love this quote too. Let me guess, you aren't speaking from actual experience are you? So many of these testimonials are from guys that knew a guy, that had a brother that knew somebody that claimed to get sides, or from guys that convinced themselves that they got sides. My favorite is from the guys that actually got sides that now scream from the mountain top "I read all the online stories about sides and I got sides. It is all true EVERY body gets sides or will eventually get them."

I am not going to deny that there are many that get sides. Of course some will get sides like with all prescription drugs, but I will not buy into all the online hysteria. If you guys want to do that and take away the best thing we currently have at fighting hair loss then it is your choice, but accept the fact that you will go bald.

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Please check my topic in Success Stories. I'm living proof the min/finasteride combo works :)
Not back to where I was when I was 16, but maintenance and improvement.. hell yeah :D
I documented everything (with pictures)

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't take a genius to work out the scam products against the effective products, just a little research.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust amazon reviews; just scroll through music records all are 4-4.5/5 lol

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cool. Your username is what i would actually suggest to OP here, in context to his dilemma with finasteride. Good to see you here( maybe not :|). Okay no more derailing his thread, best of luck people.

19 yo nw7 ftw

Reaction score
Guys pleaseeeeeeee i need help, i just bought 50ml bottle of premade RU and i wanted to know when i should apply it on my scalp because i use rogaine foam morning and evening, do i have to apply RU between minoxidil applies or whenever i want ? it's 1time per day right ? i have 5% bottle, what is the good quantity to apply every day, 1ml ? 1.5 ? thanks for helpppppppppp ( ah ye, i have to put the bottles on the fridge right ? )

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
go to bald truth talk and see hellousers guide there for RU. You shall find all the answers there. Maybe start your own thread next time. best of luck!