Is Dutasteride twice a week of any value?

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it is weird friend. I think dutasteride works better in the body than finasteride somehow maybe because it blocks both types of dht type 2 and 1. So both dht types gets more balanced. This is what a guy said and maybe it's true I don't know.
Damn, this makes sense though

TressFracture

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take it mostly everyday since late 2007. As far as im concerned, i dont have health problems from it, maybe low libido once in a while, but even that idont know for sure if its from it.

Why dont you try it EOD? If you feel good with it, you can keep it or increase for ED. If not you can always reduce it for every 2nd or 3rd day.

But its your choice, you want to try to go safe and i understand it.
Has your hair held up?

I just started on dutasteride after regression after a decade on finasteride. Hoping dutasteride can be a long term solution.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has your hair held up?

I just started on dutasteride after regression after a decade on finasteride. Hoping dutasteride can be a long term solution.
You took 2.5mg of finasteride every day, bruh you must have very strong libido.
Im getting jelous right now...

TressFracture

My Regimen
Reaction score
You took 2.5mg of finasteride every day, bruh you must have very strong libido.
Im getting jelous right now...
Quite the opposite. My libido has always been incredibly weak, to the point that I’ve sometimes labeled myself asexual. This dates back to my teen years, well before I was ever thinking about hair loss.

Never really had one to begin with, so none of these drugs is able to make a dent.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quite the opposite. My libido has always been incredibly weak, to the point that I’ve sometimes labeled myself asexual. This dates back to my teen years, well before I was ever thinking about hair loss.

Never really had one to begin with, so none of these drugs is able to make a dent.
What the? So you dont have desire to do things with girls?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
bruh, did you have any problem with finasteride though?
finasteride give me loss of libido and depression as soon as it build up in my sistem (2-3 weeks).
But im using topical dutasteride since 11 weeks by now (i apply it after strong session of needling) and im not having any side effects, only some testicular pain here and there.
Is there any chance i could tolerate oral dutasteride but not finasteride? Or is it just topical its not going systemic at all and i will not have any improvement on my hair.
If you have sides on oral finasteride you probs will on duta too so personally wouldn’t recommend it if you have bad sides. It probably is the topical isn’t really going systematic, but who knows.

I will say though finasteride seemed to slightly lower my sex drive and quality, while dutasteride seemed to increase it. It may have been all in my head though as I was super worried about side effects when starting finasteride. If you worry about having troubles getting an erection, then you’re going to have troubles getting an erection.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have sides on oral finasteride you probs will on duta too so personally wouldn’t recommend it if you have bad sides. It probably is the topical isn’t really going systematic, but who knows.

I will say though finasteride seemed to slightly lower my sex drive and quality, while dutasteride seemed to increase it. It may have been all in my head though as I was super worried about side effects when starting finasteride. If you worry about having troubles getting an erection, then you’re going to have troubles getting an erection.
I swear, i swear, i can take 0,2mg finasteride for 2 weeks and ill start to have libido problems, erectyle disfunction, no matter what.
In literally putting almost 10ml of topical dutasteride every weeks (right after microneedling) and aside from testicular pain (wich im not getting anymore after 14 weeks) i dont have any side effects what so ever, this is crazy...

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I swear, i swear, i can take 0,2mg finasteride for 2 weeks and ill start to have libido problems, erectyle disfunction, no matter what.
In literally putting almost 10ml of topical dutasteride every weeks (right after microneedling) and aside from testicular pain (wich im not getting anymore after 14 weeks) i dont have any side effects what so ever, this is crazy...
Go for it then. I’ve been on oral duta .5mg daily for like 4 years now with no issues. If you have sides then just quit it.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go for it then. I’ve been on oral duta .5mg daily for like 4 years now with no issues. If you have sides then just quit it.
I would also like to try oral dutasteride but im so afraid of sides.
Yeah i take loads of topical dutasteride with my head bleeding but its not the same as taking a pill wich gets directly broken down by the liver.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would also like to try oral dutasteride but im so afraid of sides.
Yeah i take loads of topical dutasteride with my head bleeding but its not the same as taking a pill wich gets directly broken down by the liver.

While dutasteride reduces more serum DHT than finasteride the sexual side effect rate is similar to finasteride in studies. I don't think people have anything to lose by trying it at least.