Is Dutasteride twice a week of any value?

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it's better than nothing, that's for sure!

Maybe it's enough to slow the loss, but not as effective as taking it ED or EOD, obviously.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not take Dutasteride everyday or at least every other day? Since the medication has a half-life of five weeks, you can taper with many different dosages. Taking it twice a week will help, though it will take a while for Dutasteride to start working effectively. I take it everyday, and I personally recommend to do so, or at least every other day which is still nicely effective.

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
I take it mostly everyday since late 2007. As far as im concerned, i dont have health problems from it, maybe low libido once in a while, but even that idont know for sure if its from it.

Why dont you try it EOD? If you feel good with it, you can keep it or increase for ED. If not you can always reduce it for every 2nd or 3rd day.

But its your choice, you want to try to go safe and i understand it.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was on 0.5mg duta for 3 months but now on 0.5mg twice a week (for 3 weeks now) because i am starting to develop only gyno. No sides on 1mg finasteride but this did absolutely nothing.

How are my chances of not having (gyno) sides on twice a week duta?

Jameston

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on 0.5mg duta for 3 months but now on 0.5mg twice a week (for 3 weeks now) because i am starting to develop only gyno. No sides on 1mg finasteride but this did absolutely nothing.

How are my chances of not having (gyno) sides on twice a week duta?

No one can tell once you already starting to develop it.. Have you considered DHT gel? It probably reduces the gyno and you can probably up the duta frequency.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
andractim .
this is not really useful , i got it here in france with a prescription .

Phillyfry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take it mostly everyday since late 2007. As far as im concerned, i dont have health problems from it, maybe low libido once in a while, but even that idont know for sure if its from it.

Why dont you try it EOD? If you feel good with it, you can keep it or increase for ED. If not you can always reduce it for every 2nd or 3rd day.

But its your choice, you want to try to go safe and i understand it.
Have you maintained or seen some growth from using it that long?

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking dutasteride twice a week is also helpful, particularly if you have sides. What I observed (on myself) was that taking dutasteride reduced my DHT levels drastically and I had weird pain in my balls. My doctor told me that one of the possibility of this pain could be of ultralow levels of DHT, and I switched to twice per week. The pain has reduced since then and the libido is also back on track. Hoping for some regrowth as well.

I would also like to bring that out, that I was on dutasteride for a year and a half. It did wonders for me before I had to stop becuase of moving to Europe. Due to difficulty in prescription, I stopped it and lost all my regrowth. Previously, I was taking generics and now I am on avodart (which is pretty strong in comparison to generic in my opinion) twice a week.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taken 0.5mg eod dutasteride for 5 months now and then took 2mg for a few days everyday. My sperm never shoots out anymore and it's less and now clumpy and clear. Pretty much infertile by now? And it gave me insomnia too due to blocking allopregnanolone which helps your sleep. No other side effects.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taken 0.5mg eod dutasteride for 5 months now and then took 2mg for a few days everyday. My sperm never shoots out anymore and it's less and now clumpy and clear. Pretty much infertile by now? And it gave me insomnia too due to blocking allopregnanolone which helps your sleep. No other side effects.
Probs a good idea to quit the stuff then mate. I’ve been on duta .5mg daily for like 4 years now and my sex drive and semen volume is higher than ever.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probs a good idea to quit the stuff then mate. I’ve been on duta .5mg daily for like 4 years now and my sex drive and semen volume is higher than ever.
where do you buy your dutasteride? Have you ever used alldaychemist?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
nah bro I increased my dosage instead using 2mg EOD now, may increase to 2.5mg, I rather have sperm that dont shoot out and worse sleep than being bald ANYDAY. my sperm can shoot out twice if I wait a few days without cumming, but the rest just oozes out of my dick, and if I would fap everyday or every other day it just oozes out never shoot out ONLY if im super super lucky xD. I used to be able to shoot out far but I think this is due to my prostate being very small now the force is just gone somehow, but when I pee the force is NORMAL. and how do you get it prescribed? dutasteride is for prostate not hairloss its not even FDA approved for hairloss its not easy to get it prescribed by a doctor at least not here in sweden, they are very strict with these sort of things.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
bruh, did you have any problem with finasteride though?
finasteride give me loss of libido and depression as soon as it build up in my sistem (2-3 weeks).
But im using topical dutasteride since 11 weeks by now (i apply it after strong session of needling) and im not having any side effects, only some testicular pain here and there.
Is there any chance i could tolerate oral dutasteride but not finasteride? Or is it just topical its not going systemic at all and i will not have any improvement on my hair.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
nah bro I increased my dosage instead using 2mg EOD now, may increase to 2.5mg, I rather have sperm that dont shoot out and worse sleep than being bald ANYDAY. my sperm can shoot out twice if I wait a few days without cumming, but the rest just oozes out of my dick, and if I would fap everyday or every other day it just oozes out never shoot out ONLY if im super super lucky xD. I used to be able to shoot out far but I think this is due to my prostate being very small now the force is just gone somehow, but when I pee the force is NORMAL. and how do you get it prescribed? dutasteride is for prostate not hairloss its not even FDA approved for hairloss its not easy to get it prescribed by a doctor at least not here in sweden, they are very strict with these sort of things.
What? really the things you talked about shooting sperm is the same thing that is happening to me. I can shoot litle bit but the rest just comes out in small quantities and it's really really thick. I think this topical dutasteride im using its going sistemic somehow but not giving me full side effects like that finasteride tablet?
libido is still strong, im having very good erections with my girlfriend. She even said yesterday that my dick looks better and bigger than when i was on finasteride.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What? really the things you talked about shooting sperm is the same thing that is happening to me. I can shoot litle bit but the rest just comes out in small quantities and it's really really thick. I think this topical dutasteride im using its going sistemic somehow but not giving me full side effects like that finasteride tablet?
libido is still strong, im having very good erections with my girlfriend. She even said yesterday that my dick looks better and bigger than when i was on finasteride.
Yes bro the dutasteride has affected your sperm and the force of ejaculation just like me. A few days ago my sperm shot out with force and very far and sperm wasn't so thick I had a normal ejaculation somehow lol. The next days it was thick and barely shoot out mostly just dribbles out. But Most of the time my sperm barely shoot out just dribbles thanks to dutasteride.

Gentian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes bro the dutasteride has affected your sperm and the force of ejaculation just like me. A few days ago my sperm shot out with force and very far and sperm wasn't so thick I had a normal ejaculation somehow lol. The next days it was thick and barely shoot out mostly just dribbles out. But Most of the time my sperm barely shoot out just dribbles thanks to dutasteride.
Bruh, im starting to believe more about you saying that i could tolerate dutasteride better tha finasteride.
Basically i get the same effects as you do but in minor way because im shoting dutasteride from my scalp.
So in conclusion i might go further and do a 8 month trial with this dutasteride topical, after needling obviously.
I really dont get it though why even with topical finasteride i would get side effects while with topical dutasteride seems all fine, ib terms of libido.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh, im starting to believe more about you saying that i could tolerate dutasteride better tha finasteride.
Basically i get the same effects as you do but in minor way because im shoting dutasteride from my scalp.
So in conclusion i might go further and do a 8 month trial with this dutasteride topical, after needling obviously.
I really dont get it though why even with topical finasteride i would get side effects while with topical dutasteride seems all fine, ib terms of libido.
Yes it is weird friend. I think dutasteride works better in the body than finasteride somehow maybe because it blocks both types of dht type 2 and 1. So both dht types gets more balanced. This is what a guy said and maybe it's true I don't know.