Is Dougie Poynters Hairline Normal?

Strangest

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I'm crazy with worrying about my hair, I'd say I freak out over it about once a month for a week straight where I obsess, it's BDD and I'm trying to fix it, this forum has saved me as if anything does start to get bad.. I have everyone here.

My hair has a strong hairline on the right side but on the left it's kind of choppy, since I was a kid I NEVER part my hair that way and I think it might have always been that way, my brother has a cows lick at the same time, I've never seen someone so spot on with my hair until I found Dougie Poynter from McFly, the dude has very similar hair to me.. that same ''see through'' hairline look that has always been there, but we both have super thick hair.

Is he balding? we have super similar hairlines and length of hair, I'm starting to think having long hair and blow-drying it back makes it see-through in bright lighting or is that false? it's never see through when it's flat, but you can see the hair follicles when it's blowed back

Pictures below, first picture is EXACTLY how my hairline goes with the exact same see through look, and the 2nd image is how I feel my hair looks when I look in the mirror and the sun is bouncing on my blow dried hair, 5th image is how it looks in bright pictures.. is this just because of the length that it doesn't look like strong hairlines? we have the exact same skull shape etc, I have no idea what to think but look forward to hearing the opinions of you guys as it will either scare or relieve me lol

Attachments

• Dougie 1.jpg
    Dougie 1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 589
  • Dougie Poynter 4.jpeg
    Dougie Poynter 4.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 879
  • Dougie Poynter 2.png
    Dougie Poynter 2.png
    821.3 KB · Views: 513
  • Dougie Poynter 3.jpg
    Dougie Poynter 3.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 598
  • Dougie Poynter 5.jpg
    Dougie Poynter 5.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 531
  • Dougie-Poynter-Nasty-Gal-popup-t.jpg
    Dougie-Poynter-Nasty-Gal-popup-t.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 518

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think pretty much every man is balding to some degree. Find examples of men who have their teenage hair line in old age. The question is how quickly it progresses.

Strangest

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think pretty much every man is balding to some degree. Find examples of men who have their teenage hair line in old age. The question is how quickly it progresses.

I guess that's true, but in reference to this guy.. his hair was like that 5 years ago and is still the same, my question was is this what people would generalize as 'balding' or is is it normal for non male pattern baldness hair to be see through?

Strangest

My Regimen
Reaction score
What part of “pretty much” and “find examples” did you not understand?
In a sense I do agree with him, when you say every man is balding it's not truly the case.. my granddad died with a Norwood 1.5, not exactly balding.. I have the exact same hairline as me (his was like Dougie's) he had that in photos I seen of him as a young lad in the army (18-21) and he had the exact same hairline when he died, but because my dad is bald I wonder if I won't be as lucky as my granddad.

I definitely disagree with every man balding however, if they go from Norwood 1 - Norwood 2 at death, It's not exactly bald.

Ronald Reagan, David Bowie etc.

Strangest

My Regimen
Reaction score

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
@Strangest: you cant compare hair like you do. its not working like that. good, thick and healthy hair is influenced by multiple factors, especially genetics.

look. i have a friend. 6 years back, as i was nw1 with thick density he had nw2 status. now he still has nw2 and i.....grrrr : (

even brothers dont have same hair loss genetics.... and you want to compare your hair to his by photos?

imo his hair looks fine. mature hairline, slightly receeded, good density.

Strangest

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Strangest: you cant compare hair like you do. its not working like that. good, thick and healthy hair is influenced by multiple factors, especially genetics.

look. i have a friend. 6 years back, as i was nw1 with thick density he had nw2 status. now he still has nw2 and i.....grrrr : (

even brothers dont have same hair loss genetics.... and you want to compare your hair to his by photos?

I completely agree with this, however I'm not entirely comparing my hair to anyone.. but this guy does have very similar hair to me, what I was asking is if the ''see through'' hair thing is normal or if that means he's potentially going bald, literally this dude has my EXACT hair line and the exact style, regardless of our genetics and who has better genetics I was just wondering if what he had would look like balding to the eyes of this forum or if bright light shows hair follicles.

But yes, I want to compare my hair to his photos. I'm 24 years old and I first noticed this when I was 20, I noticed when I blew-dry my hair up it looked 'see through' I grew it out and got BDD so cut it, I noticed now that I've successfully growing it long again when I blow dry it.. it looks see-through in the sun/bright light, I asked my girlfriend and she says I'm going mental but I obsess over nothing, I'm not asking if I'm going to go bald before this guy as who knows, I could.. I'm asking if the see through hairline he has = balding or if it's normal

Attachments

• Dougie Poynter 4.jpeg
    Dougie Poynter 4.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 338

Strangest

My Regimen
Reaction score
I completely agree with this, however I'm not entirely comparing my hair to anyone.. but this guy does have very similar hair to me, what I was asking is if the ''see through'' hair thing is normal or if that means he's potentially going bald, literally this dude has my EXACT hair line and the exact style, regardless of our genetics and who has better genetics I was just wondering if what he had would look like balding to the eyes of this forum or if bright light shows hair follicles.

But yes, I want to compare my hair to his photos. I'm 24 years old and I first noticed this when I was 20, I noticed when I blew-dry my hair up it looked 'see through' I grew it out and got BDD so cut it, I noticed now that I've successfully growing it long again when I blow dry it.. it looks see-through in the sun/bright light, I asked my girlfriend and she says I'm going mental but I obsess over nothing, I'm not asking if I'm going to go bald before this guy as who knows, I could.. I'm asking if the see through hairline he has = balding or if it's normal

I need to just add, I know it sounds mental but this dude literally has my exact hair, the exact wave, texture and everything the way it looks I just know for a fact, I'm obsessed with style and I constantly search and learn from people but finding this dude was just crazy because it's spot on.

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
nah, imo it does not necessary means someone is balding. some have thick, some have thin hair, some have super density when 20 and are bald by 27, some have fewer and thinner hairs when 20 and still same hair with 45..... hair product, predtyler, blowdrying, sun, wind..... everything can affect the look of your hair...

Strangest

My Regimen
Reaction score
nah, imo it does not necessary means someone is balding. some have thick, some have thin hair, some have super density when 20 and are bald by 27, some have fewer and thinner hairs when 20 and still same hair with 45..... hair product, predtyler, blowdrying, sun, wind..... everything can affect the look of your hair...

That's a good point man, I'm one of the thick hair guys like Dougie, but for some reason when styled up it looks thin.

I remember 2 guys I knew, one had the biggest and thickest hair I can remember, even prior to balding I thought his hair was like a damn mop.. completely bald, my other friend who always had thin, straight hair still has the exact same hair today at 25.. my hair hasn't changed in density, but I panic looking in the mirror seeing the follicles questioning if it's normal lol, really bad BDD and insecurity.

Strangest

My Regimen
Reaction score
look at photo nr. 4 with the slickback. thick density.

That's the exact same as my hair, I slick back my hair and it looks perfect, no scalp or anything if I put in pomade.. but when I don't put in product and I just blow dry it back a'la 2nd picture and 5th for whatever reason when I'm in the sun or bright light and look in a mirror I can see the hair follicles, now that I'm thinking about it.. if your blow drying your hair to lets say 'stand up' and you've got no product holding the hairs together.. ofcourse you're going to see the follicles lol, I don't know why I panic tho

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
nothing to panic about at all. does not have anything to do with hairloss. i barely see any minaturization....what normally is a sign of balding and receeding