Is DMSO alright for making this topical?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking of making a topical for myself, never made one before

0.1% Dutasteride
5% RU58841
0.025% Tretinoin
2% Ketoconazole
5% Minoxidil

Can i just dump all this in DMSO?

Jackshtbro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just your standard alcohol,water and PG then?
I would think so but not sure about how Duta plays along with water, might want to check that with someone who's made topical dutasteride before. Should be fine for the rest of the ingredients

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Changed my mind a little just going to skip RU and make

Dutasteride 0.1%
Minoxidil 12%
Ketoconazole 2%
Tretinoin 0.05%

I have a magnetic stirrer on the way, is using a mix of DMSO and propylene glycol ok? I know DMSO is very potent stuff but i would like to give it a shot.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keto is a really weak 5ARI so might as well save some cash there. Otherwise it’s looking quite potent, provided you can get absorption, carrier amount etc figured out. Planning on needling btw?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keto is a really weak 5ARI so might as well save some cash there. Otherwise it’s looking quite potent, provided you can get absorption, carrier amount etc figured out. Planning on needling btw?

The keto is not really that expensive,. Found it for $60 for 100g So i will just keep it, im not too sure about RU, i cna get that for fairly cheap too. Im not sure if there is any point in adding anything else. I can't really think of anything. Yes i will be needling with this solution. I don't know what a good ratio us for DMSO and PG, i was thinking 70% DMSO 30% Propylene glycol.

Last edited: