Is applying foam just like mousse?

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
If i just by some regular mousse and pretend its rogaine foam by applying it to my temples would it be about the same level of difficulty?

I need to know how it will respond to my length of hair.

Its only for application testing purposes

Liquid can be a b**ch sometime so I'm worried about trying foam.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes it's very similar to normal mousse, I haven't used normal mousse for many years now but if my memory serves me correctly then Rogaine foam is a little creamier therefore even easier to apply.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
You don't apply foam on your hair, you put it on your scalp. Other than that, its the same procedure. lol

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
You don't apply foam on your hair, you put it on your scalp. Other than that, its the same procedure. lol

I'm not an idiot.

If you read the post closely you will realize the purpose. I realize that minoxidil in any form must be applied to the scalp for effectiveness and not the hair.

My purpose is to see if the mouse can easily "reach" my scalp to simulate applying rogaine foam. I dont want to buy a box of rogaine foam if I will have extreme difficulty in applying it to my SCALP that is. I hope you can see what i mean now?

beaner

Reaction score
The foam dissolves almost instantly upon contact with the skin, so using a regular mousse for a "trial run" isn't really going to be quite the same.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
The foam dissolves almost instantly upon contact with the skin, so using a regular mousse for a "trial run" isn't really going to be quite the same.

Thanks!

This is the exact answer I was looking for. I'll guess I'll just have to buy some real foam to find out :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Phillip said:
RaginDemon said:

I'm not an idiot.

If you read the post closely you will realize the purpose. I realize that minoxidil in any form must be applied to the scalp for effectiveness and not the hair.

My purpose is to see if the mouse can easily "reach" my scalp to simulate applying rogaine foam. I dont want to buy a box of rogaine foam if I will have extreme difficulty in applying it to my SCALP that is. I hope you can see what i mean now?

I wasnt't intend to make it as a joke, dont get me wrong. Like beaner said, the foam will disolve quickly as it contacts your skin. I took Cassin's advice by making my fingers ice cold with cold water before I apply the foam so it won't disolve on my fingers. Make sure you dry your fingers completely before you use the foam.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do use Cassins finger cooling technique also. Speaking of the 'Rogaine' texture.. I just finished another bottle and was reminded how nice the thicker creamy foam at the bottom of the can is, it makes more of mess of my hair but feels like it gets better coverage.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Cassin said:
I also dispense the foam into the cap (half full) along with cooling my fingers under water.

Thats what I do too

I only use up to a quarter of the cap since I only apply the foam on my hairline and the crown.