is anyone using .25mg finasteride (1/4 tab) with success?

coastal

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is getting much success on keeping what they have with 1/4 propecia/.25mg finasteride.

Haven't used it at all yet, but looking at it from all angles...

thanks!

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm personally going to start with .5 mg. I hope I get the same results without any side effects as I would with a full dosage.

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
u can probably start with 1 mg or .5 mg and scale it down if you notice the sides.

RSG

Reaction score
I stared 1mg a while back, noticed sucess(virutally no hair loss) after a few weeks. Then after about 2 months got sides (pain lump behind breast). Stopped finasteride all together for about 2 months. Recently started with .75mg. Nothing really to report so far. I am shedding quiet a bit at the moment. Hopefully the shedding will stop. No sides atm. If i dont get sides at the end of month 2, i will probably bump it back up to 1mg. finasteride is weird. Works differently for everyone. For me, i think it will only work at 1mg. For you, it may work at .25mg. You wont really know unless you try it.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
start on 1mg then make your way down to 0.25mg if u get sides.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
sides

But does anyone get an increased heart rate? About an hour after taking .25 mg of Proscar my heart beats 25 more beats per minute. This goes on for 1.5 days. Weird huh. I WANT MY HAIR BUT..........SH*T! I know Finasteride works. -Tim

G

Re: sides

timallen45 said:
But does anyone get an increased heart rate? About an hour after taking .25 mg of Proscar my heart beats 25 more beats per minute. This goes on for 1.5 days. Weird huh. I WANT MY HAIR BUT..........SH*T! I know Finasteride works. -Tim

lol.

coastal

Reaction score
hahaha...ok.

well anyway, can anyone on here report that they are at least keeping their hair on .25mg propecia/finasteride?

coastal

Reaction score
well i got my propecia and will be cutting it into .25 sized bits haha. so anyone doing this have any success to report?

khan

Reaction score
It makes sense to me to start off on a low dose if you're more cautious about sides than your hair. Working slowly and cautiously up to a level that you're happy with seems quite sensible.

bubka

Reaction score
oh, well i don't think so, but whatever... given that side effects are so low, and statistically insignificant really when compared to men who get sides with placebo

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
i keep thinking about trying .25 but im to paranoid can someone please tell me where they have a list of ALL propecias side effects not just the little ones ?? where can i see mental fog and muscle loss?

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
i keep thinking about trying .25 but im to paranoid can someone please tell me where they have a list of ALL propecias side effects not just the little ones ?? where can i see mental fog and muscle loss?

don't be ridiculous. if u get any sides from 0.25mg just get off of it. but at least try it.

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
"Official" side effects include, decrease in libido, erection, and sperm. Some have also experienced "mental fog". There isnt any decrease in muscle mass since testosterone is the main hormone for muscles.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been on 1 mg of propecia religiously sonce 8/2/99. I have no sides to report. My liver enzymes: alt, and AST are 30 and have been steady since then. Anything above 60 is abnormal and potentially dangerous.

I have kept my Norwood 2 status althought the best response I had was the first 3.5 yrs of use. I did lose alittle hair at the edges or fringes of my hairline in the last yr.