Is anyone still using spironolactone?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
A few months back this forum was filled with spironolactone threads then it just died out. I'm curious if anyone is still using it and if they're seeing results from it?

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
I still use 2% from Dr. Lee. I just started using it consistently once again, so no results yet.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
wow...I'm suprised this didn't get more replies. It seemed like everyone and their mother was "goin spironolactone".
I tried it for a few months but the combination of minoxidil and spironolactone was more alcohol than my scalp could handle. I had to drop one of um, so I decided to lose the spironolactone.

G

I use spironolactone. Impossible to say if it works though :)

By the way happy for your progress!!

The Gardener

Reaction score
I use spironolactone 2%, but I use it in conjunction with minoxidil 5 and I have great results. I do have regrowth, but it is nothing dramatic... just a slight rounding off of the edges of my balding temples. However, this plus some spectacular improvement in my existing, but previously thinning hair areas has left me very happy with my results. Can't tell if it's the spironolactone, the minoxidil, or both, but I ain't quitting any of them!

Hair McNair - Hilarious avatar! However, I suspect that Canadian Alberta and all of Illinois outside of metropolitan Chicago would probably go Jesusland too... but the US of Canada would probably claim metropolitan Atlanta, and Miami.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Im using spironolactone, but I don't know if it's helping or not as ive complicated my regimen!! I really do not know whats doing what, because after 2 years on the big 3 I decided to beef up my regimen, my hair loss has got a little better though.

Becks

Reaction score
I used spironolactone for 4-5 months dropped it for fluridil, cos I couldn't handle the smell !

Impossble to put on when u go out with u re girl and then in bed.............
not to mention .....

dis

Reaction score
I am thinking about ordering Fluridil. I am wondering has anyone had any issues ordering this stuff from Canada. Are there any issues with customs, etc.? Also, does it arrive in a plain brown box, or does it actually say Fluridil on the box?

Thanks.

G

Problem is, the effective form of spironolactone is the oral version.

I'm just not convinced personally, by this topical stuff.

That's my opinion though.