Is anyone here using RU?

coastal

Reaction score
and if so where did you get it?

thinking of finding some and making up a batch....

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
So Confused

No and in fact, i'm still a little confused about what the hell RU is... is it an experimental drug? a vitamin or supplement? a drug that has so far been used for other reasons and is now being applied to hair loss?

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
I am confused too about this RU and which results should someone expect from this drug. :?

bubka

Reaction score
Re: So Confused

JayBear said:
No and in fact, i'm still a little confused about what the hell RU is... is it an experimental drug? a vitamin or supplement? a drug that has so far been used for other reasons and is now being applied to hair loss?
its an anti-androgen that works really good in combating hairloss supposedly... i am not sure how it works

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent I think uses it. Check the thread in 'Experiment Treatments in the forum

G

It's his first post we can cut him some slack. I asked some basic questions in my first post as well and I suspect most of you did as well.

CCS

Reaction score
RU is the most powerful androgen receptor blocker we know of. At least we think that is all it does. Not as powerful as castration in one study, but pretty close. It is a topical, sold as a powder from an offshore chinese company. You have to mix it up yourself in the right liquid. I ordered some and am slitting it, but have not yet got it. Purchasing directions are in one of my blogs on myspace.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
RU is the most powerful androgen receptor blocker we know of. At least we think that is all it does. Not as powerful as castration in one study, but pretty close. It is a topical, sold as a powder from an offshore chinese company. You have to mix it up yourself in the right liquid. I ordered some and am slitting it, but have not yet got it. Purchasing directions are in one of my blogs on myspace.

Are you going to test it's effectiveness versus your topical spironolactone/GTE etc?

CCS

Reaction score
yes. So are 4 other guys I'm splitting it with. I'm supplying them the GTE/GSE/apple poly mix. Theirs won't have spironolactone, though. Too expensive.

CCS

Reaction score
I never said that. I said I'd compare spironolactone to RU, on separate sides of the head. Actually I'll probably compare RU to curcumin/apple poly/GSE/GTE and then the later to spironolactone.