Is anyone here taking Biotin, is it helpful?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anyone here getting any sort of positive results from taking biotin orally?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey how have finasteride and nizoral worked out for you? I just started them both about 3 weeks ago

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am taking biotin since I also take ALA/ALCA.

Are your biotin levels low? Do you not eat foods high in biotin? If either of those two are the case then supplementation or eating foods high biotin would be a good choice. Its really cheap and considered GRAS so there is nothing to worry about.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been taking biotin since mid-june, but not consistently. I had a few symptoms of deficiency: hair loss (obviously) that's not in a typical male pattern; very dry skin; and I also had a temporary red rash around my nose; and depression. Of course, I'm probably depressed because of my hair loss.

Anyway, I haven't seen any results. Biotin would probably only help if you have a deficiency, which is extremely rare. A typical American diet has about 300% bition, plus intestinal bacteria creates some biotin as well.

KeyserSoza

Established Member
Reaction score
"I've been taking biotin since mid-june, but not consistently. I had a few symptoms of deficiency: hair loss (obviously) that's not in a typical male pattern; very dry skin; and I also had a temporary red rash around my nose; and depression. Of course, I'm probably depressed because of my hair loss."

Wait on a minute - that sounds exactly like me. What are you saying this is caused by???????? What do you take???

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
KeyserSoza said:
"I've been taking biotin since mid-june, but not consistently. I had a few symptoms of deficiency: hair loss (obviously) that's not in a typical male pattern; very dry skin; and I also had a temporary red rash around my nose; and depression. Of course, I'm probably depressed because of my hair loss."

Wait on a minute - that sounds exactly like me. What are you saying this is caused by???????? What do you take???

Describe your pattern of hair loss--there are lots of ways to lose your hair besides the typical m.p.b.

But for starters, if you experience itching/inflammation of the scalp, try taking fish oil. About 99% of people don't consume an optimal amount of omega-3s, which are needed to control inflammatory cycles. Nizoral also helps, but in my opinion, it just masks the problem, when you could be curing it.

KeyserSoza

Established Member
Reaction score
Really aggresive hair loss mostly just in the front. Went from very very thick head of hair to a weird shaped extremely thin hairline in just over a year.

Have been trying procepia and minoxidil. No response (well except the tiny almost invisible hairs all over my temples and forehead).

CCS

Reaction score
I take it with my alpha lipoic acid.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
b-complex in the AM, 5mg biotin in the pm.

no "obvious" help - but who knows?

I dropped some things in the past that I thought weren't helping - but as it turned out they were helping w/ maintenance.