Is all Propecia/Proscar found in Hong Kong fake?

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
I picked up both Propecia and then Proscar while in Hong Kong figuring it'd be a good place to find them without a prescription (hard to get one while travelling around Asia) and am now pretty concerned that they're both fake. I can't get a prescription or order online because I'm moving around so much in non-English speaking countries and have no set address.

The Proscar I have is exactly like the one shown in the ever linked to Thailand FDA page here. The only differences are the quality of the print is perfect, the Lot No. is H2676 and the expiry date is now 05.2008, it also comes with a leaflet from Merck in both English and Chinese regarding the medication. Obviously my main concern is that the tablets won't actually contain finasteride or perhaps not at the correct dosage.

The Propecia came from a reputable looking pharmacy with a mean looking Chinese owner wearing a lab coat. The place I bought the Propecia was not as comforting when I think back to it... still it was on one of the main shopping streets. You'd hope that'd count for something. I'd planned to buy Nizoral there too but they only had a rip-off called Nizor or something along those lines.

Any thoughts?

G

i wouldn't buy it from a pharmacy like that

i'd buy it from InHouse or United Pharmacies if you want to get it cheap, brand name or generic, doesn't matter. They both sell both.

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've ordered from Inhouse for when I get home, I'm just a bit worried about the inbetween times.

I'll have to take this Hong Kong stuff for up to a month until I can get home and pick up my sweet sweet fincar.
Bam.