Is A Thick Hair Part Normal? Am I Losing Hair? Paranoid

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically, I'm a 22 year old male paranoid about hair loss. I've always had a lot of fine straight hair, no history on mother or fathers side. My hair part seems to be very thick, and extends from my cowlick to the front of my hair. I combed my hair in its regular part, and straight forward to show the difference. Also, I usually wear my hair straight back, and have attached pictures of that as well. All of these are recent.

Attachments

• IMG_1251.PNG
    IMG_1251.PNG
    671.6 KB · Views: 1,290
  • IMG_1252.PNG
    IMG_1252.PNG
    748.3 KB · Views: 1,848
  • IMG_1253.PNG
    IMG_1253.PNG
    668.1 KB · Views: 1,404
  • IMG_1254.PNG
    IMG_1254.PNG
    769.5 KB · Views: 2,423
  • IMG_1255.PNG
    IMG_1255.PNG
    696 KB · Views: 1,285
  • IMG_1256.PNG
    IMG_1256.PNG
    747.9 KB · Views: 1,396
  • IMG_1257.PNG
    IMG_1257.PNG
    712.6 KB · Views: 1,206
  • IMG_1258.PNG
    IMG_1258.PNG
    719.2 KB · Views: 1,290
  • IMG_1259.PNG
    IMG_1259.PNG
    636.7 KB · Views: 1,113
  • IMG_1260.PNG
    IMG_1260.PNG
    751 KB · Views: 1,287

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is how I wear it when I go out

Attachments

• IMG_1267.PNG
    IMG_1267.PNG
    678.4 KB · Views: 801
  • IMG_1270.PNG
    IMG_1270.PNG
    421.8 KB · Views: 765

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man these guys are going to hunt you down and kill you be prepared lol

First off you hair looks fantastic
Second it is possible you are having very very early sign of it if your part is wide because my hair was super dense and for years Dr thought i was nuts that i felt it was thinning.

Check your family history though..
if you have no family history then its just how your hair is...
Is your hair fine but a lot of it? That can make part look wider.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have hair loss IMO.

Bro tip, edit that one picture it has (what I'm guessing is) your name in it.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man these guys are going to hunt you down and kill you be prepared lol

First off you hair looks fantastic
Second it is possible you are having very very early sign of it if your part is wide because my hair was super dense and for years Dr thought i was nuts that i felt it was thinning.

Check your family history though..
if you have no family history then its just how your hair is...
Is your hair fine but a lot of it? That can make part look wider.

My hair is extremely fine, my barber always used to say I have a lot of fine hair

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
TRQH (the real question here) is: why are you paranoid about hair loss?

The hair part is indeed a bit wide but why would it make you think you are losing hair if you have no other sign?

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no balding dude, I remember when I first got paranoid about minor changes in my hairline I started obsessing over my crown and the top of the head too. Fast Forward 9 years and the last thing I think about is the top of my head or crown. It looks like that on everyone dude.

zero hairloss IMO.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TRQH (the real question here) is: why are you paranoid about hair loss?

The hair part is indeed a bit wide but why would it make you think you are losing hair if you have no other sign?

It's not random paranoia or BDD, it has a basis. I took accutane in the past, it's been a year and a half since I've taken it, but I'm about to go on it again. Hair loss is considered a rare side effect, but people talk about it a lot online. So I'm in my head a little, and I never really paid attention to my hair so idk if it's always been like this

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not random paranoia or BDD, it has a basis. I took accutane in the past, it's been a year and a half since I've taken it, but I'm about to go on it again. Hair loss is considered a rare side effect, but people talk about it a lot online. So I'm in my head a little, and I never really paid attention to my hair so idk if it's always been like this

is there genetic hair loss in family? Then don't take acutane.

I personally would not take that anyway to be honest.

Can you try to get some facials/deep cleanings for a while?

...Acutane i hear A LOT as a trigger for hair loss on the womens forums and on Areata Forums...if it triggers hair loss it makes me think its not a good drug to take if you don't have too.

shookwun

Reaction score
I am on accutane, and you wont experience any hair loss.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is there genetic hair loss in family? Then don't take acutane.

I personally would not take that anyway to be honest.

Can you try to get some facials/deep cleanings for a while?

...Acutane i hear A LOT as a trigger for hair loss on the womens forums and on Areata Forums...if it triggers hair loss it makes me think its not a good drug to take if you don't have too.

Honestly no genetic hair loss at all. My dad is 60, and has literally a full head of hair, and my mothers father has Alzheimer's, and is going insane with a dense Norwood 2

shookwun

Reaction score
It's my second time taking it, but to my understanding any hair loss usually grows back
yes because it's not androgen-telogen related.

If you shed the hair, it will come back.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just have BDD, that's all.

Enjoy the twink hair while you can.

if you're paranoid now, imagine when it starts to go. :D

Just out of curiosity what is twink hair? Lmao. And you seem knowledgeable, what do you think when people say they have permanent hair loss from accutane? Accutane can cause Telogen Effluvium, but in pretty sure nothing else. Isn't Telogen Effluvium always reversible? If you look online you see so many people saying they have permanent hair loss or male pattern baldness from it

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more thing. Isn't a widening part more of a female baldness thing? I never see any members on this forum talking about their hair part? Am I just weird for not being able to distinguish what's normal and what isn't