Is a Second Shed Normal?

Mickhazza

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i started taking finasteride 1.25mg daily and Rogaine Foam AM / Spectral DNC PM twice a day since February this year. Been pretty consistent and within 3 months was seeing very good results however lately i have just started shedding again. Seeing large amounts of hair in the shower and when i put in styling gel and ive lost alot of ground in the temples and the crown. I have been on the treatment for 8 months. Some days i might forget to apply the Rogaine twice a day however i dont see why shedding would be from that. Been shedding for 3 weeks. Do you guys think it would be a normal cycle shed from finasteride or the minoxidil? Should i possibly ditch minoxidil and stick with finasteride?

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
This is probably your first shed. The finasteride shed took a long time for me before it hit, around 3 months. You're a ok. You should be seeing some results in about 5 months.

Mickhazza

Reaction score
This is probably your first shed. The finasteride shed took a long time for me before it hit, around 3 months. You're a ok. You should be seeing some results in about 5 months.

Hmm could be right there. I had a shed at the start when i used minoxidil. That lasted for about 3-4 weeks..hair looked **** during that period. Never thought it would take 6+ months for a finasteride shed to kick in.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi

I started my regime (big 3) since this February as well. My hair shedded like crazy at first (hundreds hairs fell a day) and it lasted 3 months. It was a horrible and depressing experience and I then decided to shave my head. Anyway things seemed to be better for the past few months and suddenly I am losing my hair again. It's been about two months and lt's getting worse...........