Is 27 too old for

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
I still go out, but I am much more reserved and into "people watching" now. I see people of every age out. In my town we have several dozen clubs and bars and you can pick from many different settings. I go out about once or twice a month. Actually, I'm really boring now. I was thinking about it and I am getting old! LOL

CCS

Reaction score
You are not missing out by not going to bars. You are missing out by not having sex. But that might not be a result of you not going to bars, but rather of your baldness. I presume the people who complain of superficial people are getting rejected by hotties, whereas Squeegy is not having this problem.

Having sex is not hard. Either they like you or they don't. If they like you and you like them, go get them, and it only takes an hour or so from your studies. But if you are standing around the bar striking out for hours at a time, obviously that is a waste, and you'd be better off doing homework.

You can have both, but you need to be realistic about who you can get and if that is worth the time lost from homework.

If you don't want to miss out on many years, my advice is to start a regular workout program. Don't do any hardcore stuff that will injure you. Just progressively increase the intensity over the months, and when you are done with your degree, you will have a very fit body that the women will totally go for.

I don't regret not going to bars. But I do regret months of not working out, and hardcore attempts where I injured myself. If you just listen to your body, you will get there eventually.

And why spend money on beer at bars? Huge waste of money. Add up how much you could save in a year. If you want a drink now and then, get a 24oz can at the store and invite some friends over to your place.

CCS

Reaction score
RSR38 said:
I still go out, but I am much more reserved and into "people watching" now. I see people of every age out. In my town we have several dozen clubs and bars and you can pick from many different settings. I go out about once or twice a month. Actually, I'm really boring now. I was thinking about it and I am getting old! LOL

Try to guess who knows whom, and who just met whom. My theory is it does not matter who you know, but what you look like. You can know a hottie for years, but if you are not hot, she won't go home with you. But if you are hot, you can walk right up to her with a smile, talk to her like you two are newly weds, and take her home that night, and everyone watching will think you two knew each other before.

oni

Reaction score
CCS, what happens if you have loads of weed and you get the "hottie" off her face and she eats lots and becomes a "fattie". Would it still count if you did her?

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
You are not missing out by not going to bars. You are missing out by not having sex. But that might not be a result of you not going to bars, but rather of your baldness. I presume the people who complain of superficial people are getting rejected by hotties, whereas Squeegy is not having this problem.

Having sex is not hard. Either they like you or they don't. If they like you and you like them, go get them, and it only takes an hour or so from your studies. But if you are standing around the bar striking out for hours at a time, obviously that is a waste, and you'd be better off doing homework.

You can have both, but you need to be realistic about who you can get and if that is worth the time lost from homework.

If you don't want to miss out on many years, my advice is to start a regular workout program. Don't do any hardcore stuff that will injure you. Just progressively increase the intensity over the months, and when you are done with your degree, you will have a very fit body that the women will totally go for.

I don't regret not going to bars. But I do regret months of not working out, and hardcore attempts where I injured myself. If you just listen to your body, you will get there eventually.
:agree:
this actually makes perfect sense to me, right from the first sentence, you described the problem as it really is, i do get regular sex, and im not attracted to the whole club scene, but what i might be missing out is the girls that go there... there is one whole in your thoery tho, if your not a hot guy, then there is nothing you can do to change the situation, even with a hot figure, your baldness will hold you back unless it looks really good on you... but most part of what you say is true in my eyes.

CCS

Reaction score
You are correct that you won't get hit up by hot women nearly as much if you don't have a great face or hair. Some fat ones might even think they are better than you. Ignore them. If you get your body right, and you talk intelligently, I bet you can get an above average woman. You might be shot down a few times, but as long as you live in a climate where you can wear cloths that show your figure, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Worse case scinario, you'll be very healthy and have a good physique to feel proud of, even if you don't have a girlfriend.

IMO, being sexless is way better than being in an unhappy relationship. I know many couples where one of the, man or woman, gets fat and the other is in shape. It creates problems, and both think they deserve better. Put kids in the equation and you've just landed yourself in hell. Find out they are not yours, and the state does not care, then your life really is no fun. It really pays to be picky. My experience is most women don't even bother pretending to like you. If they don't like you, they often show it in the first second, because they think there will be some guy who will chase them anyway. Go for the cute ones who are really into fitness and prove it daily, and be very picky about how they treat you. If they are acting cocky and looking down on you, walk away from them. They are not worth it. Me, I get fun out of designing airplanes for prizes and fun and record setting. There are so many fun things to do in life besides obsessing over someone, especially someone who is not into you. Some people are lucky and can have a woman who wants them. Others are not. The key is to have a ball park idea which you are allocate your time accordingly, while continuing to improve your appearance.

If you have a million dollars, it is far better to use it on your appearance if there is something that works, than to spend the money on a woman. Women look at a man's money with cold calculation, and look at his physical appearance with their emotion. Which would you rather attract her with? Once you marry her, your money is her money, and you lose all your power. She can still deny you sex, or just lay there lifeless and hope you go away. I've seen it happen way many times. The whole trade thing is a battle field.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Going out clubbing? i know its a stupid question but in a way i feel i've missed out on the whole "clubbing" scene, went out with some friend last week and felt like im the oldest guy in the club, im one of the older folks in my class (most around 22-24) and dedicated my whole life for getting proper education so i really didnt have much time, i just dont want to end up in my mid 30's wondering if i wasted my life working hard only to work harder later on :p ( i hope this makes some sense to some :) )..
My reply will be kind of unique here, so be prepared.

I never, ever, was into clubbing and the like and I never felt that I miss something. You will probably say that I am an extreme case and this is probably true, but fact is that this kind of activity never attracted me or gave me any pleasure.

So, I believe that taking care of your education is the right thing to do. However, the fact that you are wondering about this means that the real answer to your question is hidden somewhere inside you.

HughJass

Reaction score
Is 27 too old for going out clubbing?

same will say yes so the issue is whether or not you want to base your life around what other people think of you.

option1: become very self conscious and decide to do boring 'age appropriate' activities because you're scared of what other people might think of you and in the process become an overly cautious, boring,scared person who constantly looks for the approval of other people

option2: do things because it pleases you to do them, regardless of how you are judged by people you'll probably never get to know and probably don't care about in the first place.

This really all comes down to following your intuition- those first feelings of wanting to do something which then get completely shot down in flames when you start thinking. The thinking is usually catastrophic and negative and before you know it you've talked yourself out of something you wanted to do and would have enjoyed had you not thought about it. Intuition should always pwn thinking.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
This really all comes down to following your intuition- those first feelings of wanting to do something which then get completely shot down in flames when you start thinking. The thinking is usually catastrophic and negative and before you know it you've talked yourself out of something you wanted to do and would have enjoyed had you not thought about it. Intuition should always pwn thinking.

i read this a few times. i think this is one of the smartest thoughts i've ran into in a long while, how come our own thinking usually leads us to the other way of what we initially wanted?
at the same time, basing EVERY activity on intuition strictly can be very dangerous and not smart, how can you tell when its a good idea to follow intuition and when to use your thoughts?

(for example, i really hate school, but i cant just be a slob all my life, i most have a decent career in order to be able to provide for myself, at age of 27, its not very smart to say "oh f*** it all, ima go party 24/7" unless your very rich... right? :dunno: )

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
My advice is to do whatever you want to do. Don't listen to other people and just do whatever pleases you. 27 is just an age and like someone has already mentioned you are as old as the person you feel. Try and find an over 25 club and you won't feel old.

Aussieadovart, I would pick option 2 because i have finally learnt to listen to myself rather than listern to others and seek approval from them. Im not gonna be a sheep anymore! :hump:

HughJass

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
at the same time, basing EVERY activity on intuition strictly can be very dangerous and not smart, how can you tell when its a good idea to follow intuition and when to use your thoughts?

(for example, i really hate school, but i cant just be a slob all my life, i most have a decent career in order to be able to provide for myself, at age of 27, its not very smart to say "oh f*ck it all, ima go party 24/7" unless your very rich... right? :dunno: )

yes,probably one of the biggest dilemmas humans face- you want to have fun but at the same time you need to make money. Then along comes a bunch of authority figures who help foster the belief that the two *have* to be mutually exclusive. :thumbdown2:

You are right to hate school. If I had my younger years again I would have never have gone to school. I think anything past about grade 3 was a complete waste of time. What passes for an education is little more than obedience training.