Is .25mg of propecia working for anybody

ithappens

Reaction score
Hey, I just started taking propecia about a week ago (1mg the first couple of days, but then dropped down to .25mg cause i think 1mg may be too much right now for my system to take). Anyway, my question has .25mg actually been working in the long run for anyone as far as maintaining and growing hair or am i just wasting my time with it? i think i'm going to try to stick it out with .25mg for as long as i can and then if nothing improves i'll up it to .5mg.

abcdefg

Reaction score
most people dont take .25mg so most people cant answer. .25mg is very effective still it should do almost the same thing 1mg would. Hopefully someone answers you because I think I might start .25mg myself.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm taking .25mg and it definitely does SOMETHING as my side effects are still around, yet not quite as annoying. Hard to say if it is working well as I seem to be losing hairline still. :/

I'm going to try dropping the finasteride entirely for Fluridil when it arrives.

Jm0311

Reaction score
jakeb said:
I'm taking .25mg and it definitely does SOMETHING as my side effects are still around, yet not quite as annoying. Hard to say if it is working well as I seem to be losing hairline still. :/

I'm going to try dropping the finasteride entirely for Fluridil when it arrives.

What is fluridil compared to finasteride? what kind of sides are you getting?

im getting Acne,Semi Low libido, watery semen. at .25 EOD

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was on 1mg for 2 months but sides were too much so dropped to 0.5mg for a few weeks and dropped again to 0.25mg per day for last few weeks. Sides are now tollerable..I suffered a lot from tirednesss. Libido is fine if not higher than when not on it. It is supposed to be over 70% as effective as 1mg.

Bad news is though for me after 4 months its not working for frontal hairloss and I have receded quite badly and cannot see it stopping or reversing but its better to try to do something rather than nothing about it.

Most people say you need 9-12 months to see the real effect so I just keep hoping.

ithappens

Reaction score
yea i have been on .25mg of finasteride for two weeks and it's too early to tell if it's working or not although i have had a couple days where it seems like i only lose around 10 or so hairs in the shower which is a good improvement. the thing is i definetly still get sides although they are mostly just semi-low libido, watery semen, and extreme fatigue and daziness in the morning. the thing that sucks is the extreme fatigue and daziness cause for soccer we have morning practices and it has been effecting my performance so i might have to drop it until soccer is over for the season. ugggh frusturating

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Drop it to 0.25mg every other day if you have to if sides are bad.

The tiredness now after 4 months and on 0.25 a day is livable with but when it was 1mg I was dozing off in the afternoon which is hopeless for holding down a job.

Give it a few weeks on the reduced dose as it takes a while for levels to change in the body and adjust.

G

I started off taking 0.25mg Finax EOD on Feb. 1st.

No sides. Though I'm guessing I probably wouldn't have any with 1mg ED either. Just can't break the bank with this stuff. On my next order I'll probably get the generic proscar (if my Doctor won't prescribe me it that I can pickup here) and cut that into 1/8ths and that will give me 0.625mg dosages and will be even cheaper since it will last twice as long.

CJ1980

Reaction score
I started using the medication at .5 mg and did so for about 8 months with great results. Now I am down to .25 mg for maintenance of my hair. I dont think Ill be going back to .5, Im gonna stick with .25 for maintenence of my hair.