Is 1ML really necessary??

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel when I use the full 1ml each application that a lot of the minoxidil gets in my hair and dribbles down my forehead rather than on my scalp, and when I do manage to get all of it on my scalp its so greasy and just feels like too much. I only apply it to the temples. Is 1ml really for people who are balding all over rather than in just the temples? When I feel the regions of my scalp that are thinning have a covering I stop, which is about 0.5 0.75 ml max.
Does anybody do the same or has anybody had results doing less than the 1ml? For the people who have very slight htinning and wana thicken is it really necessary to put the full 1ml on?

Thanks

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're only applying it to the temples you don't need to use the whole 1ml. I would suggest only "wetting" the area is enough- applying a small amount and speading it till it covers the area you wish.
Applying too much to one area will only take longer to dry, cause more itching, and won't be any more effective.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
lol I use about 6 ml.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
Im using at least 3ml.

Wow 3ml!!! That's like what, 18squirts of my rogaine applicator.
Man doesn't that leave your head like drenched and drops running down everywhere over your face and sides- this would obviously be wasted.

Not to mention the risk of sides, must be costing a fortune unless your only applying once per day.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
I was using 2ml once in morning and then night to give me double the hit for about 3 months, it did not really do anything so just went back, I think I could even get by buy reducing the usage really but 1ml is more then enough to apply to the places I need.