Is 1mg per day same as 5mg every 5 days?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cutting fincar into 5ths is really hard and extremely boring making me to miss some does every now and then. So i was wondering is taking 5mg every 5 days supposed (at least theoriticaly) to be as effective as 1mg per day? Any difference on the chances of side effects?

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
Cutting fincar into 5ths is really hard and extremely boring making me to miss some does every now and then. So i was wondering is taking 5mg every 5 days supposed (at least theoriticaly) to be as effective as 1mg per day? Any difference on the chances of side effects?

How about just splitting it in half and taking 1 every other day? I heard its easier on your body to maintain a "level' amount of hormones, and having your hormones spike and fall may cause a shed.

According to CCS, 99% of finastride is out of your system after 3 days, so you would have a day of increased DHT levels.

Sharpshooter

Reaction score
Yeah my derm told me that was a bad idea since finasteride goes out of the system pretty quick so you need to keep taking it regularly to maintain the constant level of DHT inhibition.