IronMan Mag Article...

Redbone

Reaction score
In the July 2004 of IronMan magazine they had an article that discussed hair loss in depth and even went as far as to touch on Fluridil and Lion Bap 6. They reported on some Japanese research that supposedly isolated the baldness gene.

It was a very promising article that makes one believe we are on the verge of curing this horrible disease.

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes!..................it is Redbone! I knew something was familiar about that guy. Just curious.......why the name change?

Anyway, I believe I wrote a VERY long post (back in February) on genetics and how the study of it WILL eventually CURE male pattern baldness. All these pills and creams and lasers and......(need I go on?) will be a thing of the past. Good riddance to them all!

Something to get :D about - I truly believe that science is on the brink of finding TRUE CURES for a plethora of ailments including male pattern baldness via genetic engineering. It is right around the corner fellas...........MUCH closer than most of you think.

For providing you all with the above "something to get happy about" information, I would simply ask in return that we all educate ourselves a bit on the stock market and the Bio-Tech companies that are currently trading. Also, we should all keep our eyes peeled for other Bio-Tech companies that are aggressively working on their craft. I was researching hair loss like a lunatic in the '80s, which led me to many cutting edge meds. that were moving toward FDA approval for male pattern baldness. I stumbled on finasteride. and a "little" company that, at the time, went by the name Merck, Sharpe and Dome. I was one of, if not the first person in the U.S. to legally be prescribed finasteride. (off label) for male pattern baldness by an American physician. I convinced her to invest $5,000.00 in the publicly traded MSD. Shares of MSD were going for..................brace yourselves..............under $20 a share. I could not afford to invest due to a financial hardship. I had remembered that years earlier I had seen the stock going for under $10 a share! Imagine what a $5,000.00 investment would have yielded years later. I still get chest pains when I think about it now. Anyway, my point is this..............some "little" Bio-Tech firm is going to go public and sell shares relatively cheap. You see where I am going with this..............let's make a joint effort to find that "little" firm and have a second MSD opportunity.

:angel: :angel: Lots of $$$$$$$$$$ and Lots of Hair!! I'm in heaven. I even see Angels! :angel: :angel:

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Uh............NO! :D

However, I now recall part of my former post........I was referring to enhancement for all body parts. As for your weiner..............take heart, it too, can be enhanced, Tyn. When the genetic age dawns you could cast off your being known by your ladies as Tynan............you will (after genetic alteration) be known as Bigan! :lol:

Redbone

Reaction score
Gentlemen the name change matches my avatar and I am not even black.... Article was in the mag I read no link on the net.

My hair is full like a 70's era beava. 10mo Propecia + Xandrox + 2 months on Lee's DHT shampoo, I am almost back to my old self.

Owl Jolson

Reaction score
" I was researching hair loss like a lunatic in the '80s, which led me to many cutting edge meds."

x5o, how do you do your research? What journals did/do you read? Are there better avenues than scrounging around the internet?
Owl

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"second chance msd"

what company?

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Redbone..........Glad to correspond with you again; also great to hear that your regimen is working out so well for you.

Owl........I have not done any "hard core" research in many years, not even on the Internet. Back in the 80's I would go to medical libraries, local college libraries, and public libraries. I would scour through periodicals, medical journals, and various books to include reference, science/biology, health and wellness. I would also speak with any doctor, pharmacist, and health food store employee that I could find. Further, I would call and talk to presidents of companies that were selling wigs and hair systems, as they, naturally, had an interest in the subject of hair loss. One of the presidents I spoke with actually had imported a Minoxidil "salt" scalp product from a foreign country. It's chemical structure was very close to that of Minoxidil. We had a clandestine meeting so I could examine the product. It was professionaly packaged and contained very legitimate looking info. and chemical comparisons. I don't think it was legally imported and he was very leary about marketing it to the general public. With a very unsophisticated 80's Web, products like that were not widely known about.

One book I found particulary interesting and ahead of its time was "Life Extension", by Durk Phearson and Sandy Shaw. I also found an article on spyronolactone in some old reference journal or book. I would also look in areas that many would not think to look in such as business periodicals - that's how I found out about finasteride. so soon. From my other research, I was able to tie the DHT reducing property of finasteride. (which was only being marketed as a prostate drug) to hair loss. The DHT connection with hair loss has been made for decades. There are numerous chemicals that can promote hair growth and reduce hair loss and I expect that prior to genetic manipulation there will be several new pills and topicals that will be marketed and useful for hair loss.

It was pretty funny back then.......I learned so much after the first couple of years that when I would meet new Dr.'s and Pharmacists they would often assume that I was a Dr. or a Pharmaceutical Chemist!

Metgalis......MSD - Merck and Co. (manufacturer of finasteride.) was formerly Merck, Sharpe and Dome when they first got FDA approval for finasteride.