Ionic Hair Dryers

stanley2005

Reaction score
¿Do they really work as the are supposed to?

"An ionic dryer emits negatively charged ions that boost hair health. The negative ions break down water molecules to one-fifth of their size, so they’re able to penetrate each shaft, hydrating from the inside out. This makes the cuticle lie flat, encouraging glossy shine"

"The ioniser inside the hairdryer creates negative particles, called ions, that neutralise the positive charge hair usually has. This calms the individual strands, brings them back into balance, and removes any static. As a result, hair is smoother and more manageable, and stays perfectly in style."

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
LOL ... well this is a new one for sure!

What will they think of next?

Jacob

Reaction score
I don't use one myself but I know someone who does..ahem..and she claims they're legit. They've been around for awhile btw...

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
I have one ..... I think I paid $99.00 for it.

I don't see that it does a dam thing more that any of my others don't do..... Thou it does get dam hot and burn the customers. The Blower is underpowered for the amount of heat it puts out and I wish I hadn't purchased it. I do have a fair amount of experience with hair dryers as I use them all day long for the past MANY years.

Air volume is more important than wattage and heat.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I just noticed this thread and thought I'd through in my $.02.

I've used hairdryers off-and-on since I was 10 or 12 (I'm 22 now), especially when my hair was much, much thicker. Until recently, I'd been using a conventional dryer to dry the roots and make sure that my hair wasn't damp before putting in ProThik.

However, this winter, I started using my Mom's ion dryer whenever I was staying at her house for the holidays, and absolutely fell in love. It keeps my hair MUCH softer (almost too soft) and it seems to have added a bit of shine as well. I actually just got my own ionic dryer (very high quality model) for Christmas, and my hair feels much nicer than before.

It may not be the miracle that it's promoted as, but for me it's been a blessing, especially since my hair is very curly and quite long.