Investments

oni

Reaction score
Buy now.........................

Gold, return 6-12 months sell...............................
Copper, return 2-3 years sell...............................

:whistle:

CCS

Reaction score
buy houses in 1 year from now. In 3 months, there will be a wave of new mortgage defaults when rates adjust again.

And there will be a LOT of new credit card bankruptcies soon too. Do not buy money market funds for now.

Maybe buy land, and grain futures, and oil.

I think gold is way overpriced. It is 3x what it was in 2000. This is the highest it has been in history. Sure, I bet it will go a bit higher, but you just can't predict when it will fall back down. It would be like buying a house in 2004 with the wise goal of selling in 2005, except you did not know when the peak would be, and you try to sell in 2006 instead.

I think the reason there are so many ads trying to sell gold is it is already over priced and they are trying hard to sell it, but many people are not buying.

Yeah, listen to conservative talk radio and buy you some gold. If it was such a good investment, the people trying so hard to sell it would not be trying to sell it. Just listen to all the ads. Someone is trying hard. They way they talk, you'd think they'd be hording.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
I would believe Oni on this one... :punk:

But you DON'T believe him on the other things he posts? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
CCS said:
Yeah, listen to conservative talk radio and buy you some gold. If it was such a good investment, the people trying so hard to sell it would not be trying to sell it. Just listen to all the ads. Someone is trying hard. They way they talk, you'd think they'd be hording.

Maybe the bottom-line to all this is that everybody should STOP TRYING SO HARD TO CAPITALIZE ON EVERYTHING. Good god. Makes you wanna go Communist.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Maybe the bottom-line to all this is that everybody should STOP TRYING SO HARD TO CAPITALIZE ON EVERYTHING.
Frankly speaking, I find that to be a FAR more profound statement than how you probably intended it.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you think I intended it, and what is the more profound (but unintended) meaning?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Well, I think you meant it as a statement about people trying to "get rich quick" off of taking advantage of a crisis... whereas I think its a pretty accurate statement of what's wrong with American capitalism on the whole, from a systemic perspective.

Then again, that might very well be what you were intending... and if so, I AGREE.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't just referring to taking advantage of crises, I was referring to the daily dog-eat-dog world of capitalism, the general urge to screw the other guy, if possible, in every financial transaction.

oni

Reaction score
_42352912_ap_whistle416.jpg

Bryan says "Just say no to capitalism."

oni

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Cassin said:
I would believe Oni on this one... :punk:

But you DON'T believe him on the other things he posts? :)

About as much as anyone believes anyone on an internet forum............................ :whistle:

oni

Reaction score
Bryan said:
I wasn't just referring to taking advantage of crises, I was referring to the daily dog-eat-dog world of capitalism, the general urge to screw the other guy, if possible, in every financial transaction.

[youtube:39xenj0v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nexS4YLQZhY[/youtube:39xenj0v]