Interview With Alexey Terskikh (hair Cloning Using Ipscs Cells)

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Homeboy says he doesn't see any of his competition (shiseido) coming out before 2020.... thoughts?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well he said 2019 and that funding permitting, his own product could potentially hit the market in 2020
*SPOILER*

It won't!

*/SPOILER*

More worrying is that it would only last for 5 or so years before an additional treatment is required. And what was that about scaffolds and skin grafts?

And remember that even when a product is commercially available, we won't be first in line.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm waiting on histogen and if that comes through then replicel and if both those fall through we'll looks like I'll have to take the "ing" off my name cause worrying about this is no joke ruining the rest of everything

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm waiting on histogen and if that comes through then replicel and if both those fall through we'll looks like I'll have to take the "ing" off my name cause worrying about this is no joke ruining the rest of everything

Good luck with that one.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Dr. Terskikh method completely solves the inductivity problem.

HLC2020: Do the DPs that you have created show similar gene expression to ordinary, healthy DPs? Do they maintain the gene expression when multiplied by 3 orders of magnitude (I think that means 3 hair follicle cycles)?

Dr. Terskikh: Currently there are no methods to amplify DP cells in the dish. They loose the hair induction properties after couple of passages. This is precisely the problem. That’s why we don’t amplify DP cells in the dish. We amplify iPSCs cells, which could grow in the dish almost indefinitely. Then the “buckets” of iPSCs cells are converted to the “buckets” of DP cells that are needed for transplantation.

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
"
HLC2020: Was it possible for you to grow hair on a human skin graft or only in mice?

Dr. Terskikh: Yes
"

Lol, now this guy knows how to answer a question.

Thanks for sharing, good stuff !

LMAO! Wow... essentially the most important question... totally botched.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If he actually had something then he shouldnt have any problems raising a few million, especially in todays age of cheap, cheap credit. Just sounds like another egghead dreamer to me.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
If he actually had something then he shouldnt have any problems raising a few million, especially in todays age of cheap, cheap credit. Just sounds like another egghead dreamer to me.

Didn't you see the famous pic that showed a lot of hair growth?

http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Human-Hair-Growth-On-Leg-Of-Adult-Mouse-After-Stem-Cell-Research-Into-Hair-Loss-Treatments-Has-Breakthrough-Belgravia-Centre-Blog.png

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
LMAO! Wow... essentially the most important question... totally botched.

He did botch it but is there any chance that he perhaps misunderstood the question? The interviewer did kind of screw up the question by putting 2 questions into one.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The inductivity problem is actually completely solved. It's the iPS cell work being done by Dr. Terskikh. His method completely solves the inductivity problem. The below excerpt from a question answer session with Dr. Terskikh that was just posted at this site.

HLC2020: Do the DPs that you have created show similar gene expression to ordinary, healthy DPs? Do they maintain the gene expression when multiplied by 3 orders of magnitude (I think that means 3 hair follicle cycles)?

Dr. Terskikh: Currently there are no methods to amplify DP cells in the dish. They loose the hair induction properties after couple of passages. This is precisely the problem. That’s why we don’t amplify DP cells in the dish. We amplify iPSCs cells, which could grow in the dish almost indefinitely. Then the “buckets” of iPSCs cells are converted to the “buckets” of DP cells that are needed for transplantation.
yeah, have seen this. Great news.
so, inductivity issue is solved
It sounds all good to me, maybe, too much good.
but just a thought,
"We amplify iPSCs cells, which could grow in the dish almost indefinitely. Then the “buckets” of iPSCs cells are converted to the “buckets” of DP cells that are needed for transplantation."

if this technique is so practical and easy then Tsuji should have considered this method instead of going through all the tedious task of creating a follicle germ because Riken is focusing their research entirely on iPSC cells .
( look at this-this http://www.cdb.riken.jp/en/news/2017/topics/0217_10174.html)

I don't think Tsuji and his team ignored this technique. Maybe they avoided this because there are certain unforeseen drawbacks like the whether these induced DP cells won't migrate away ( as happened in Kerastem where the injected cells didn't stay for long in the scalp). AFAIK, those guys ain't foolish enough to ignore this approach if it was so practical.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
So they have a real lack of funding. The big difference between Tsuji and other players is because Tsuji has funding from Riken and Kyocera. And funding determines success.
Terkish will be in development stages for the next 7-8 years.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So they have a real lack of funding. The big difference between Tsuji and other players is because Tsuji has funding from Riken and Kyocera. And funding determines success.
Terkish will be in development stages for the next 7-8 years.
Tsuji is also the only one who will use both types of cells that make up the follicle, as well as let the resulting hair germs mature a bit before injecting them. Everyone else seems to think it's enough to just inject stuff