intersting....

try2beme22

Established Member
Reaction score
2 things.... one is i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the hair when it regrows...

in all the places my hair is thinning i now see there are small blondish hairs probably coming about 3 cm out of my scalp... i don't know if this is new regrowth... or i read somewhere on the board that after ur hair loss starts... it gross back weaker b4 it permantly goes away... i was thinking it was hair growth... makes more sense to me

i also read on a hairloss website that when there is no white bulb at the end of the hair its not hairloss, its hair breakage... i found this to be interesting but weird... bc my hair is clearly thinning but the large majority of the hair doesn't have the white bulb.........

thanks! please respond!

The Gardener

Reaction score
The first part of your question was answered here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=8113

And the issue of hair bulb is discussed here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=8077

As for my further input, I would say that chances are you are seeing some positive effect from your treatment. However, you really have to be patient. As they say, a 'watched pot' never boils. You really have to give the treatment time to work, especially Propecia. You will see new tiny hairs, you will have sheds, you will see hair thickness improve, and then you will have more sheds, it all happens in a cycle of good days and bad days. You probably won't start seeing the good stuff until you are several months down the line, when the chemical has had a chance to infiltrate and enhance follicles over the course of a few hair cycles. Don't be discouraged at all! Small hairs in places where they didn't used to grow is a very good sign! But, as your individual hair follicles cycle themselves in shed/regrowth phases, it will take several months before a majority, or critical mass of follicles are producing new growth that is stimulated by the defense that Propecia gives them from DHT. Good luck.

try2beme22

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i know its too early for th treatment to be doing anything, but im wondering if the hair is coming back on its own and the problem wasn't male pattern baldness but its something else...... since hair is regrowing so quickly...