Intermittent Minoxidil Applications

badlad

Reaction score
I had used minoxidil 5% about 3 years ago when I was applying regularly and it worked great!.
Then I believe after about a year and half it lost its effect and I started losing and went below the base line so ever since then I have been applying it intermittently and might have also gone like 6 months on a stretch without applying. Sure enough lost lots of hair.

I started dutasteride 0.5mg 6 months ago and been applying minoxidil daily since two months. No improvement to report as yet.

My question is whether minoxidil can still help regrow any hair now that I have also included dutasteride.??

Any thoughts on this??

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you on an anti-androgen (finasteride or dutasteride) from the beginning and up until "minoxidil stopped working"? From how you worded it, it doesn't seem like it.

I can see you're on dutasteride now, which is great, but like finasteride, it will mainly be for maintaining and strengthening what you have, with mild regrowth, rather than pure regrowth like minoxidil.

You have only been on minoxidil for 2 months again - give it 2-3 more months and results will likely follow given you've responded to minoxidil in the past.

I don't think minoxidil stopped working for you in the past, it's just that hair loss might have overtaken the gains. You should be golden now with dutasteride in the mix.