Interesting conversation with my mom (hair cloning)

Japanbound

Reaction score
Let me start off. THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT OK BRUCE?

My mom worked for a scientist/doctor who from what I understand was a major stem cell scientist. He was treating cancer patients, and doing other things, primarily in other countries. I went to his office, a few times. It was in a nice location, and my mom also hosted a few of the patients receiving therapy. Anyway, my mom said they had claimed to clone a head of hair. Before you flaim, this is why im asking, does anyone know if any hair has been cloned, anywhere in the world. Neither my mom, nor I saw this personally, however noting what this scientist was into, it sure wouldn't out of the realm of possibility. I was/am under the impression that hair clonining or whatever it's called, has not been developed, which would make this totally false. Any comments, this is not BS btw.. just trying to find out if what he told people was BS. He was not into hair cloning, mostly stem cell research from what I gather, and like I said was into new treatments for cancer and other stuff im sure. Giving that he isnt a hair doctor, I don't know why he would lie..

Japanbound

Reaction score
By the way, this isn't BS. Does anyone know if anyone, anywhere in the world has tried out and successfully cloned hair?

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Ummm, excuse me. It is BS. Maybe in another 5-10 years. The first person or persons to be able to do this - and then be able to plant the follicles successfully in a human head will make a friggin fortune!

Japanbound

Reaction score
Midnight: I don't know much about the science behind it, but if it were accomplished through illegal stem cell research, then it wouldn't just take off. Also, if it was accomplished with it not being the main goal, it may also be ignored. I still think it was BS, but I've seen the guy treat patients, everything he did and usd was new science.