Intercytex website FINALLY states TRC in Phase II trials

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this news can compete with the new thread about gay teenage jocks =[, but I thought I'd spread the news that the Intercytex website finally states that their TRC product is IN Phase II trials, not "about to enter" or "sorta kinda in".

Good news. Hopefully they will have preliminary data by the first half of next year, as stated in one of their recent presentations:

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/investors/rep/

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hello, This might seem a stupid question but where on there site does it say they have started phase 2 trials? I click ur link but it has no mention if it?

Also why isnt everyone excited, surely this is what we have all been waiting for?

Ta

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
It's about time! :)

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
Lets hold all the negative comments. At least this gives us a slim chance of hope. BTW, how many trials are there anyway?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are 3 trials. In my opinion, this one (Phase II) is the most exciting. In Phase I, they were only using a small amount (I'm pretty sure) to assess the safety of the product. In this trial, they are going to inject more (again, I believe) to try to find the optimal amount, which will hopefully grow more hair, perhaps thicker hair, than that observed in the 5/7 that grew new hair in the Phase I trial.

Here is a description of the Phase II trial:

Phase II : the first trial in which the treatment is given to patients with the condition for which it is believed it will have some beneficial effect. Positive efficacy is often referred to as “clinical proof of conceptâ€￾. This phase should conclude with evidence of whether the treatment works, which patient population to target and what is the optimal dose to strike a balance between beneficial effect and side effects.

If there are any side effects, I wonder what they are? Hopefully we'll find out next summer.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
NedFlanders said:
I swear I wish I could be a test subject. I would risk the side effects.

Are you aware that your avatar is of Milhouse, not Ned Flanders? Just making sure!

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
this is great news. the sooner it is complete, the sooner they can release it, and the sooner they release it, the sooner they can drop the price for the procedure hope fully.

i'm hoping this will be a permanent, painfree, relatively-cheap cure to hair loss. as i'm sure everybody else is hoping too.

go intercytex!!

ImissHair

Reaction score
Whether this is the real solution or not it's only a matter of time. There is way too much money to be profited from a real male pattern baldness solution. Hopefully we see it in the near future.

Did you see the part where it states Bosely has the negitiotions for an exclusive contract. It's early but if hm is the answer I really hope they don't let bosley monopolize the market.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As I´ve read in a graphic it´s also expected for the hair treatment to be at the middle of the phase II at the end of 2007, no?

powersam

Reaction score
remember its been suggested that this may not even need phase 3 trials.

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
remember its been suggested that this may not even need phase 3 trials.

It's just been announced that it WILL require phase III trials in the USA and in the UK. This is from an e-mail from Intercytex:

>>>>>>>>
(...) for the UK and US, ICX-TRC will require more trials as it will be
regulated as a medical product. Although this is frustrating, it is
good in some ways too - because the trials will clearly demonstrate that
it is safe which is really important.
Some countries will not regulate ICX-TRC as a medicine, therefore it
might reach those markets sooner. I think we are still on track for
market in 2009 provided the trials are successful.
>>>>>>>>>>>

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh sh*t. Phase III trials means it will be pushed back because it will take more money, more time etc etc. Phase III is the most expensive part of the trials. WTF do they always need to screw things up??!!! FFS it's not a medical product it's a proceedure. You are getting injected with your own cells.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with the latter half of the paragraph, in that it is better not to skip Phase III trials. The time delay does suck. But if Phase II trials work out, money will not be an issue.

But right now is the time to just sit back and wait for an update some time next year, hopefully in the first half of 2007, like they say.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like 2009-2010 is much more of an ideal date when it will come out in the UK and US.

If that's the case, I'll leave here for a bit and come back in the 1st half of 2007.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apoc said:
Oh $#iT. Phase III trials means it will be pushed back because it will take more money, more time etc etc. Phase III is the most expensive part of the trials. WTF do they always need to screw things up??!!! FFS it's not a medical product it's a proceedure. You are getting injected with your own cells.

Relax buddy whats another year or two of waiting? Especially if we have more information that let's us know the procedure will be safe. I don't want to die at age 23 because I wanted to have more hair.... not worth it