Intercytex updated their information page on Trychocyte

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just an fyi. Here is the link:

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/aesthetic/icxtrc/

I am subscribed to their email alerts, but apparently those are only sent out when they make announcements. But this link contains some more info that I haven't heard yet. Sounds like they might give another update on the current Phase II trial some time in 2008. Let's hope those guys who showed more hair growth than the first set of volunteers continue to grow more and more hair!

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Let's hope so, they updated the website after September 25th.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't that page quite misleading.

"The ICX-TRC procedure is significantly less problematic than conventional hair transplants. In terms of the amount of tissue taken from the patient, only a small sample of approximately 120 follicles is needed."

From what I have heard they had 10-110% more growth. Thats means upwards to 250 follicles, that wouldent even give a person coverage for his bald crown.

"A small sample of hair follicles is taken from the patient during a simple 30 minute operation carried out under local anaesthetic at a hair or skin clinic."

Strip/FUE biopsy isn't all that pleasant, and Bosley will leave you with a 1-2inch long scar at the back of your head.

I understand many people are looking forward to HM, and I do to. But they haven't actually given us anything yet, other than promises. Still all the top hair transplant docs are skeptical, since it havent been proven to be more effective then hair transplant today. But it has potential to be great.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know, I still don't understand the percentage rating. I mean, sure, the "centage" part = 100. But "per" what? The talk about using some sort of computer assessment of coverage. It could be the percentage improvement of hair vs. bald scalp?

We should hear more next year. But yes, there are reasons to be skeptical, and there are reasons to be optimistic. Only time will tell which will have been the correct attitude to have toward HM.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
They multiply the cells in the lab. So I'm assuming they don't mean 120% of the cells extracted. What would be the point of multiplying? 120 hairs vs 250 hairs isn't going to be all that noticeable.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Just doubling the hair in the original biopsy would never be very commercially profitable. There would be no logic to talking about selling "biopsies" and getting a few cm's worth of hair out of each one.

Even if that's really as far as they've gotten yet, you can bet they assume a whole lot more is to come or they wouldn't still be dumping money into this project.

G

wholesale shoes (sneaker)nike,bape,jordan shoes

Our company is a footwear enterprise which combine footwear trade with footwear manufature(www.sneakersupplier.com). For good quality of our products, we bringed in the best production equipments, technologies, and professionals from abroad. We produce over 1000,000 shoes per year.

We can produce various athletic shoes, recreational shoe, stogy, mainly Nike,adidas,timberland,gucci,prada, Luie Vuitton and puma shoes . We can provide Nike Jordan series, Airmax and Shox series.For example: nike airmax 95, airmax 97,airmax 2003, shox TL,shox R4,Shox NZ, Air force one(AF1),Dunk, Kobe,James, Jordan I-XX. All the shoes are packed in original boxes with retro cards, and the tags and style code number are 100% correct. We can not only provide the top quality shoes, but assure you the best price in china on the basic of the equal condition as well.Our business is successfully expanded to United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Brazil and so on. .