Intercytex ICX-TRC interim results

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Intercytex will improve over the future. They will first try to sell ICX-TRC I and make tons of money. Then after 10- 20 years they will release ICX-TRC II and finally after that ICX-TRC III. By the final stages transplants will become obsolete.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear some feedback from the experts on this sites, especially michael barry.

My summary is: They are currently trying to find their way. HM is a very complicated thing and there are many problems they need to overcome.

I believe there is definately going to be a phase IIb trial. Phase III is the test of their FINAL commercial product, and i dont think they will have until another trial is complete. Keeping in mind that a trial last about 1-1,5 yrs and giving some time for intervals between trials i would say it will be available around 2012-2013 IF everything goes well.

It is promising, but not relaxing enough, to stop searching for alternatives. I hope we have news from aderans soon.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dissapointing. I guess I was hoping for photos at least...
If they had anything remotely encouraging positive in terms of photographic evidence of improval surely they would be plastering them everywhere they could?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dont expect too much from HM...at least not yet.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
This is good news.

vq0

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the best news anyone could have expected from the phase2a trials. They are tweaking the prestimulation procedure and I suspect by the end of phase2b trials their results will be much more impressive. Intercytex is at the forefront of biochemical research and once they figure out what kind of stimulation grows the most hair we might have a reason for why people bald. I wish they released the information about what they are doing to prestimulate the scalp.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My input on this:

1. The technique works and has the capacity to improve.
2. The Phase II trials are not over and this "report" isn't the results of them.

khali said:
Intercytex will improve over the future. They will first try to sell ICX-TRC I and make tons of money. Then after 10- 20 years they will release ICX-TRC II and finally after that ICX-TRC III. By the final stages transplants will become obsolete.

Do we have flying cars in the future too?

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a possibility of Intercytex skipping Phase III and registering with the MHRA after it's done in 2008. They did it with Valveta. I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.

I do however like to see that it works and this pre-simulating of the scalp is an interesting idea. It seems those whose scalps got the stimulating got good results. Now it's time to see which dosage and how much stimulation will bring more hair.

One question to ask: Would this revive vellus hairs to become terminal again?

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
One question to ask: Would this revive vellus hairs to become terminal again?

As I understand it, this is what the scientists hope/expect will happen.

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe my expectations were too low, but I just think it's fantastic that the treatment is safe and that they're going ahead as planned. I think the fact that Intercytex is still committing all this time and money to the procedure is very promising.

And the fact that someone doubled his hair count is pretty cool as well.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
My input on this:

1. The technique works and has the capacity to improve.
2. The Phase II trials are not over and this "report" isn't the results of them.

khali said:

Do we have flying cars in the future too?

Read this

Dr. Kemp does not anticipate that ICX-TRC will completely obsolete traditional hair transplant procedures the moment it becomes available to the public. There will be first generation ICX-TRC, second generation ICX-TRC, and third generation ICX-TRC etc. over time. Hair transplant will still have a role to play in the beginning especially for the hairline design. However, the demand for traditional hair transplant procedures may diminish as each succeeding ICX-TRC protocol becomes more refined and perfect than its predecessors. Also, younger patients who just started losing their hair may turn to ICX-TRC before they consider more invasive options such as hair transplant. If ICX-TRC is administered to a patient early enough upon initial signs of hair loss, this may eliminate the need for traditional hair transplant procedures entirely later on in his life.

While it is believed that the role of traditional hair transplant may diminish over time, products such as minoxidil and Propecia will still have an important role to play when ICX-TRC becomes available to the general public. These products will be an important adjunct that complement ICX-TRC induced hair growth.

http://www.hairsite.com/intercytex-hair ... cation.htm

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
That was from one year ago when they were done with Phase I, it might still be needed but they have made progress.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
will be crap if u have to take sumthing like propecia still after spending all that money

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
We won't know if it would be needed until Phase II is done.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
We won't know if it would be needed until Phase II is done.

Propecia? Of course you'll still need to take it. If you get HM on your NW2, what about the hair in the NW2-NW7 area? It's still sensitive to DHT.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
True, but doesn't propecia (finasteride) lose its effectiveness after a certain time? I thought I read on this forum that after about 5 years, it starts to lose its effect. Or at least MBP starts "winning" the battle a little. I mean, I think after 5 years it will still help some... it just loses hold of those hairs that would have been the first to go after 5 years.

Anyway, I am hoping that they tweak HM to the point where you want to just go ahead and inject it everywhere on the scalp, in between hairs and everything, even on areas that aren't yet balding. And hopefully you can go in for "fillers" throughout the years, too. That way we can all stop taking propecia. Wishfull thinking, perhaps.

First thing's first - Get HM working on everybody. None of this 13 percent bs. And with terminal hairs, just as thick as the thickest hair untouched by male pattern baldness.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I still don't get why you would still need Propecia. After you're giving DP cells to dead hairs reviving them and having the hairs take on characteristics of the DHT resistant hairs.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
I still don't get why you would still need Propecia. After you're giving DP cells to dead hairs reviving them and having the hairs take on characteristics of the DHT resistant hairs.

??!

Because, unless you're an NW7, you're still going to have hair that's sensitive to DHT after the procedure. Unless you get them to surgically remove all of the hair in your "non-safe" area.

joe32

Established Member
Reaction score
how long will it be before the next update,mid 2008 ? and with photos possibly?...i will be checking back in at this time..
:sleep: