Intentionally Fading a Hair System in the Sun

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
The trouble w vendor-hopping, at least for me, is there is little consistency in hair color among makers.

I've received a piece that is too dark. I'm sure it's lighten up with time, but I'd like to give it a jumpstart.

Would leaving it inside in front of a window in the sunlight work, or would the window bluck the necessary UV rays to create fading?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The trouble w vendor-hopping, at least for me, is there is little consistency in hair color among makers.

Then go for custom orders and get them to colour match the exact colour shade you want. It'll always be a bit hit and miss with stock systems if you're ordering from different companies. I've never tried intentionally fading a system in the sun. The other option is to dye the system, or dye your bio hair to match the colour of the system (well, as close as you can).

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always notice a little loss, whether it's from the sun or washing or both, I don't know exactly. The trouble w these Chinese distiburtors is you never know what you're getting. What type of hair/level of bleaching/actual color.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always notice a little loss, whether it's from the sun or washing or both, I don't know exactly. The trouble w these Chinese distiburtors is you never know what you're getting. What type of hair/level of bleaching/actual color.
Always buy lighter unless its a company you have used and know their hair colors. Easy to dye it darker than to lighten one up.