Instead Of Taking Drugs... Why Not Just Save Money And Get Progressive hair transplants? (serious)

thiswomps

Reaction score
So I was on finasteride for a couple years. The brain fog and depression took away my creativity. Something vital for my job. I had no zest for life.

Tell me

If I have enough money why wouldn't I just get hair transplants whether it's now or when I'm completely bald? I cant seem to find reasoning other then cashflow. You dont need finasteride to maintain hair transplants and with the amount of money you put into finasteride and minoxidil you may as well save for an hair transplant.

Even if I get an hair transplant to mask my current loss I can just keep getti g hair transplants from reputable surgeons if I have the money. I dont know anyone that wouldn't understand my stance.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your eventual pattern is nw6/7 you won’t have enough. You’re also at more of a risk for shock loss without propecia.

Your idea would maybe work if you had like a nw3 or 4 pattern with no signs of thinning and no nw6/7 genes

Plus once you get a hair transplant you’re kind of committed to never going bald as the shaving option is taken away due to a scar

thiswomps

Reaction score
If your eventual pattern is nw6/7 you won’t have enough. You’re also at more of a risk for shock loss without propecia.

Your idea would maybe work if you had like a nw3 or 4 pattern with no signs of thinning and no nw6/7 genes

Plus once you get a hair transplant you’re kind of committed to never going bald as the shaving option is taken away due to a scar

I guess this I'd really a bit of Russian roulette. On the one hand you can get a hair t without finasteride and hope your hairloss dossnt progress past a certain point. On the other hand you can take finasteride and risk sides to maintain hair behind the hair transplant.

Does this sound correct ? I know of people who have obtained hair transplants and dont use finasteride.

Also how does one make sure they have signs of thinning? Can you really make sure?

WasAGinger

My Regimen
Reaction score

That is the case with FUT, not FUE though. The scarring is barely visible.

Having said that, NW6+ transplants are a sh*t.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I dunno pretty sure most large fues will have notable plug shaped scaring, if you have a small fue then maybe not

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think that norwood 6,can have good results with FUT and FUE combination,maybe even 2 FUT or more if he has a good scalp laxity.FUE is not optimal for advanced Norwoods,because you are limited on how many grafts can they harvest.But for norwood7 i dont think there is solution,okay,maybe BHT+FUE but that is expensive as hell.So im praying everyday,not to become nw7,so i can get hair transplant later :)

youngforster

Reaction score
I was just writing an article about this, I made a research recently and spoke with some doctors from ISHRS. They all say that Finasteride, Minoxidil, and PRP are not permanent solutions. Finasteride affects your hormones and does not repair what causes the hair to fall. It just boosts the hair regeneration as long as you take the drug. Minoxidil is even more useless =) I used it for years and saw no change, I think it is just psychological.

PRP is a little different with the results, however, it is also temporary. I made some calculations and found out that for what you spend on these drugs in two years if you compare the results with what you would spend on FUE or FUT and their results, using drugs is very pointless.

I am always against drugs that are one thing, but if I am not seeing any good results, on top of that spending constantly my money and energy, I believe it is pointless.

So, my research brought me to this conclusion: all these drugs are part of a preliminary process where the patient tries to fight the inevitable only to find out at the end, the only solution is hair transplants.

What's more intresting is, the doctors' point of view. I thought they would be against the drugs but they seem indifferent. Now I know why, because at the end, sooner or later patient goes for the transplants.

Therefore, I believe it is wiser to just accept your problem and once you are certain your hair loss stopped, and you are good to go, find a good surgeon and be done with this for once and all.
Many people have saved their hair for many many years in these drugs maybe not completely but still 10 times more hair on top than if they didn't take them. Also microdosing finasteride (0.2mg) is pretty cheap. In my country 15 tablets of proscar are 6.6 euros. So 15*5/0.2 = 375 meaning a year supply so 50 cents per month. Such a waste of money. (I don't take finasteride).

Scotsmanhere

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplanted hair will miniaturize within a long enough time scale. Another problem is that it will never create great density and your hair will nearly always be see through when you are outside. Also, if you are destined to be a Norwood 6 or Norwood 7 then you probably don't have enough donor grafts to be saved anyway. Many people only have 6 to 10 thousand grafts (some even less). It is very hard to cover the whole head with that many grafts and look full. Furthermore, you would be left with major scarring on the back of your head (strip or fue), although you can minimize this with smp.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should have cut your dose in half and seen if that helped, contrary to what someone here claims, finasteride is not pointless. Also, you need a good donor area to harvest for a hair transplant, waiting until you are bald before addressing hair loss is asinine.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I was on finasteride for a couple years. The brain fog and depression took away my creativity. Something vital for my job. I had no zest for life.

Tell me

If I have enough money why wouldn't I just get hair transplants whether it's now or when I'm completely bald? I cant seem to find reasoning other then cashflow. You dont need finasteride to maintain hair transplants and with the amount of money you put into finasteride and minoxidil you may as well save for an hair transplant.

Even if I get an hair transplant to mask my current loss I can just keep getti g hair transplants from reputable surgeons if I have the money. I dont know anyone that wouldn't understand my stance.

It is a Joke ? you have not more than 12000 graft to put in an area that there should be, at least 35000 graft . What do you think it will look !? Hair transplant without treatment is a big no .

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

if you have great hair texture (very thick, coarse, preferably wavy) and donor density, you can get good results with a NW6

I've seen Indian men who were in ballpark of NW5 to 6 with transplants looking like solid NW2s but they had mostly very thick hair with great donor density (lots of 3s and 4s)