Insight into my future hair loss.

JonG

Reaction score
38 year old asian male. Started on the big 3 in my early 30's. Father is bald (NW6, diffuse). Mother's father had no hair loss and uncles have hair albeit mature hairlines. Past few years I've had weaker/thinner hair on my hairline. Lately my hair in general seems softer/weaker. I've attached a picture from high school vs the present day. I know it's not bad (NW1.5) but my question is at some point will I be in the clear (mature hairline vs. balding)? I'm really worried about diffuse thinning like my dad. I'd rather recede slowly than go bald via diffuse thinning. If finasteride stops working I don't know what other options I have.

29c084h.jpg

11spf84.jpg

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks great man! Honestly I would just stick with finasteride and Nizoral it looks like you don't need any regrowth.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks better than like 80% of people your age no noticeable hair loss from those pics

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only way to get any idea is to find old photos of your dad and see where his hair was at various ages. Then compare yourself to those. Right now you still have great hair so it is impossible to predict anything by itself.

jorgedudicoff

Reaction score
I have similar hairline thinning that most people say still looks fine (albiet only 2 years of male pattern baldness and age 23), and yours does look good! In fact, I'm very jealous that you have such good hair at that age, but its also nice to see another long-term user of big 3 that has for the most part maintained. As someone who is half-asian, I'm sure you've grown tired of all these 60 year old asian guys with perfect hair, balding definitely seems to be in the minority among asians.

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks good. There might have been some thinning in your hair line compared to the first pic but that's very hard to tell since lighting is different. I wouldn't worry about it.

shookwun

Reaction score
The BDD is very strong with this one.

Sporting a thick hipster pompadour on a hair loss forum

:roll: