Innovative Idea For Slowing Hair Loss, Possibly Stupid

Newlybalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there,

So we all know that DHT is a huge problem when it comes to balding, with the DHT binding and attacking the hair follicle. Is there any way we could somehow implant something into our body which would have the same characteristic as the follicles that seem to attract the DHT? Kind of like a node or magnet that attracts DHT towards it? For example have a large sheet implanted into our backs, arms, legs etc that would attract DHT the same way our follicles do? If that were possible, it could possibly drastically slow down our hair loss. Any thoughts, or is this a stupid idea?

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is pretty silly. First off you wouldn’t be able to extract the dht through the tissue out of the blood through tissue with a “plate”... a possibility would be a dht binding resin in solution with your blood that would then be excreted by the kidneys... it would need have specificity towards binding dht and not other substances like testosterone. Problem even then is that dht is likely paracrine/autocrins acting not endocrine acting so even if it would lower serum dht who knows what it would do at the tissue level

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there,

So we all know that DHT is a huge problem when it comes to balding, with the DHT binding and attacking the hair follicle. Is there any way we could somehow implant something into our body which would have the same characteristic as the follicles that seem to attract the DHT? Kind of like a node or magnet that attracts DHT towards it? For example have a large sheet implanted into our backs, arms, legs etc that would attract DHT the same way our follicles do? If that were possible, it could possibly drastically slow down our hair loss. Any thoughts, or is this a stupid idea?

Some Hormones are made locally - ‘on site’ in various tissues, including our skin . So this idea wouldn’t work no .