Inktomei's Story - (with Pics)

inktomei

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a 29-yr old who has been losing hair since 22. Last year was particularly hard for me as the hairloss basically accelerated out of control. I could no longer deny that I would soon look like my bald-as-hell dad.

I did a lot of research on hairloss remedies, and my two obvious choices were Propecia and Rogaine. I was a little scared of the side effects I had heard of Propecia, but I wasn't about to be forced to smear stuff all over my scalp twice a day. I finally picked up the courage to get a Propecia prescription and began my regimen of the once-a-day pill.

Now 4 1/2 months later, and I must say that I'm seeing some signs of hope. Below are pictures of my initial stage and current stage. In the future, I hope to at least be able to maintain what I have. I might throw Rogaine into the mix but I'll try to ride it out with Propecia for as long as I can.

9-22-05 dry hair no flash
100_1649.jpg

2-04-06 dry hair no flash
100_1798.jpg

Below is a picture I just took without flash. It was also taken right before I started rogaine foam treatment. Dated 3-10-2007
dryhairnoflashbefore1strogaineuse3.jpg

Another one without flash. Pre-Rogaine. Dated 3-10-2007
dryhairnoflashbefore1strogaineuse2.jpg

Rogaine foam treatment started on 3-10-2007. Will come back and post results in about a month. Thanks guys.

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
Things are looking good man.

And you're only 4 1/2 months in.

Looks like finasteride is going to be all you need.

Congratulations!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Looks like you'll be getting a lot more regrowth if that's only 4.5 months!

Any shedding?

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
You are definitely responding incredibly. You may be able to grow yourself even alot more back. Awesome progress. Stick with it!!!

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks great, you have regrown hair, and the hair you already had looks healthier.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know that just finasteride and nizoral could do that. And yes, your hair now looks a lot healthier too. Lucky you!

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is a definate improvement, congratulations, finasteride and nizoral also made my hair go from looking dry and thin to healthy and thicker.

inktomei

Reaction score
Yes, I didn't know just finasteride and nizoral could do that much either. There are days when I feel like my hair look just horrible, and there are days when it is the complete opposite.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
You are a machine Sir.

I can only imagine what would of happened on dutasteride for 12 months.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some days my hair does not look as good, because I am trying to use up part of my shampoo collection, and some of the older stuff I bought does not look as flattering.

inktomei

Reaction score
Starting Rogaine Foam treatment

Alright guys, just snapped a couple of pics without flash and posted it. I am starting rogaine foam today, and will come back and post results in about a month. We'll see how it goes.

:D

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow buddy, you must be ecstatic.

good job, keep it up. i'm thinking you're gonna have all your hair back!

inktomei

Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. I couldn't have done it without the knowledge shared by all on this board.

inktomei

Reaction score
Quick update

I'm on my 2nd week of Rogaine Foam now. I think I was getting the infamous "chubby face" and I freaked out a little and stopped for a couple of days. I think it could also be just the recent weight gain I had.

I've been applying the foam only at night now. Gonna go cut my hair shorter tomorrow so the foam can be applied easier. Will post pic at the one month mark.

inktomei

Reaction score
New pic: 3 months after starting rogaine foam

Hi all,

Here's an update with pics from about 3 months ago and from today. I've been applying Rogaine foam once a day(at night) everyday for the past 3 months, and here is the result.

Image dated 3-10-2007. Dry hair.
dryhairnoflashbefore1strogaineuse2.jpg

Image dated 6-3-2007. Dry hair.
100_2654.jpg

From the above photos the result isn't obvious. But take a look at the comparison with the hair combed back:

Dated 4-5-2007. Post rogaine foam application. Combed back.
100_2319.jpg

Dated 6-2-2007. Post rogaine foam application. combed back.
100_2656.jpg

Keep in mind that I've only been applying the foam once a day at half a cupful each time. I was lazy and didn't want to have to do that in the morning, so opted for once-a-day application.

inktomei

Reaction score
New update to rogaine progress

Hi all,

Back again with some more pictures at the 4-month mark on rogaine foam.

Dry hair. 7-8-07
100_2684.jpg

Dry hair. 7-8-07
100_2688.jpg

Post rogaine application. Combed back.
100_2691.jpg

Post rogaine application. Combed back.
100_2697.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
HOLY sh*t, HUGE IMPROVEMENT!

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
My god. You should be a spokesman for Rogaine!