initial results after 1,5 month oral minoxidil + needling

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
you used topical minoxidil for many years before? i used it for 6 years and strictly no result.... I started oral min 1.25 mg but this causes me huge unanted body hair man
dude, are you still on oral min? still complain about unwanted body hair in like every thread? that body hair isnt going to get away unless you stop using oral minoxidil... im quite sure you know that...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok! how's you progress?
looks alright... hair growing where there hasnt been hair in years and where no other treatment helped so far (right temple)... there was some good shedding for a while, though... but im only in for 4 month now, just received two boxes of that stuff and now thinking about going 10mg for a while...
well sure body hair also increasing, but not that bad... i never had much body hair to begin with anyway... all my hair above waistline grows faster and thicker though... legs, no difference... that is mostly visible on my arms, because i was never hairy at all, so there i noticed it as soon as it happens, also eyebrows and stray hairs around the eyebrows and between eyes and hairline...

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks alright... hair growing where there hasnt been hair in years and where no other treatment helped so far (right temple)... there was some good shedding for a while, though... but im only in for 4 month now, just received two boxes of that stuff and now thinking about going 10mg for a while...
well sure body hair also increasing, but not that bad... i never had much body hair to begin with anyway... all my hair above waistline grows faster and thicker though... legs, no difference... that is mostly visible on my arms, because i was never hairy at all, so there i noticed it as soon as it happens, also eyebrows and stray hairs around the eyebrows and between eyes and hairline...
excellent! yes I'm experiencing some more body hair as well, but nothing I can't manage. only on month two now, I'll up the dosage to max 5mg twice daily if results are less than expected at the 6 month mark.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
excellent! yes I'm experiencing some more body hair as well, but nothing I can't manage. only on month two now, I'll up the dosage to max 5mg twice daily if results are less than expected at the 6 month mark.
what results do you expect? i honestly just expected some regrowth, anything is better than nothing...
the body hair is honestly the least of my worries, i just shave it bro anyway...

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
what results do you expect? i honestly just expected some regrowth, anything is better than nothing...
the body hair is honestly the least of my worries, i just shave it bro anyway...
well, since I'm a diffuse thinner, I hope my density will increase a bit. I'm ok with my temples, however, they started to fill in first as far as I can see now :D

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@bassie21 thank you for sharing. I believe in your theory regarding dht inflammation.

I’m very interested in your supplements (which brands you use, doses, and frequency). Please share

Michael Mooney is a believer in tocotreinols and has been for a long time. He’s the one that brought Nizoral to attention of bodybuilders back in the 90s even before the studies came out!

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bassie21 thank you for sharing. I believe in your theory regarding dht inflammation.

I’m very interested in your supplements (which brands you use, doses, and frequency). Please share

Michael Mooney is a believer in tocotreinols and has been for a long time. He’s the one that brought Nizoral to attention of bodybuilders back in the 90s even before the studies came out!
Thnks! btw I think it's more than believe/theory, you might want to have a look at the studies done. Besides reducing inflammation using tocotrienols, I'm using a growth stimulant (oral minoxidil, 2 x 2,5 mg/day) as well. Imo these two make a great team. Together with some vit C, MSM, OPC, sulphurophane etc.

PBV8mFI5PY.png

0yJtcUhx32.png

I'm using Tocosorb from iHerb (2 capsules per day, same dosage as the quoted study).

55.jpg

Last edited:

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thnks! btw I think it's more than believe/theory, you might want to have a look at the studies done. Besides reducing inflammation using tocotrienols, I'm using a growth stimulant (oral minoxidil, 2 x 2,5 mg/day) as well. Imo these two make a great team. Together with some vit C, MSM, OPC, sulphurophane etc.

View attachment 166489

View attachment 166490

I'm using Tocosorb from iHerb (2 capsules per day, same dosage as the quoted study).

View attachment 166491
Awesome thanks. That’s the exact brand I was looking at. How about opc? How does that contribute? And which supplement/doses are you taking?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@bassie21 do you space apart taking tocotrienols and your multi vitamin? I’ve read the cheap form of vitamin e in most multi vitamins can hinder tocotrienol absorption

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The verdict on vitamin E​

When it comes to fighting hair loss, vitamin E might help:

• People with hair loss from vitamin E deficiencies (in this case, try supplemental vitamin E)
  • People with hair loss alongside widespread antioxidant deficiencies (in this case, try supplemental vitamin E)
  • People with androgenic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) who also have secondary scalp inflammation from pathogenic microorganisms (in this case, try 0.1% topical vitamin E).
Vitamin E probably won’t be helpful for:

• People who are not vitamin E deficient
  • People who don’t have antioxidant deficiencies
  • People with Androgenetic Alopecia who don’t have microorganism-related secondary scalp inflammation (as evidenced by lots of dandruff and/or sebum)
The bottom line: vitamin E’s usefulness for hair is highly specific. There’s clinical evidence that it might help treat cases of nutrient deficiency-related hair loss and temporary hair loss (i.e., telogen effluvium). There’s hypothetical evidence that it might help replete localized vitamin E deficiencies caused by microorganism overgrowths in Androgenetic Alopecia. But that’s about it.

Overall, you’re probably better off investing in treatments with better clinical support and better long-term safety profiles.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is when we get these findings that anything edible so to speak, castor oil, caffeine, Vitamins E and B-12, alleviates baldness, even in a study, it appears hard to replicate. Maybe we still are unable to specify male pattern baldness's parameters well enough to derive useful information from such studies. Placebo effect? There is a control group here but did the people know what sort of test was being done? Were the non-E people taking fake E? I have seen study after study showing some food or vitamin helped fight male pattern baldness but when people actually try it, it's a big Eh. I think it's unlikely after 5,000 years of recorded history that male pattern baldness is nutrient driven in general. Some of these things conceivably might increase anagen for a while but not in dormant follicles but microneedling was found I think by accident but nobody in all of those years in Europe found anything that worked? Surprisingly what some did try might have worked with the right animal. Putting female horse urine on the scalp might very well regrow hair if done daily especially if the horse is pregnant.

36 years of hearing about edible solutions to male pattern baldness has made me extremely dubious that this is a proper path in terms of being able to determine anything. Stacking different vitamins seems not to work. Going vegetarian won't grow hair. Only hormonal solutions or things that reverse the age of follicle skin seem to work.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

View attachment 166489

View attachment 166490

View attachment 166491
@bassie21 any reason you don’t use ketoconazole?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bassie21, hey! how's it going?
how is your hair doing on oral min man? the hypertrichosis has reduced?

do you think the hypertrichosis disapear after quiting the drug? for me this was way too much and i have stopped the drug for 1 month and still have all the unwanted hair.
Litteraly all over body and face, covered in vellu and thick hair.
It will fall even if i made the mistake to shave my vellu hair on face? thanks man