initial results after 1,5 month oral minoxidil + needling

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I wanted to share my results after 1,5 month oral minoxidil 2,5mg twice a day, needling (1.5mm) once a week, oral castor oil 1 ml twice a day, MSM, tocotrienol, vitamin C, OPC, amino acids, wheatgrass, curcuma, zinc, magnesium, biotin, sulphorophane, omega 3-6-9, multivitamin, etc daily supplements.

Experienced a nasty shed after 4-6 weeks. Hairloss getting less now approaching 2 month mark. Will definitely continue regimen based on what I'm seeing: temples starting to fill in nicely and quite a few new small hairs on the frontal area which got thin after the 4 week mark shed. Monitored my bp from day one taking OM, it's about 10 points down which is fine bc it was 10 points too high to start with. (note: I'm not a medical professional, this is not medical advice). Resting heart rate between 60 and 70.

About me: diffuse thinner, 45+ years old. Been on DHT blockers (finasteride, dutasteride) for years but had to give up bc of serious ED issues. Trying to counter DHT caused inflammation now by the supplements I'm taking (especially tocotrienols). Applied topical minoxidil 5% for years the past decades but did not see any significant results and just got tired of applying this stuff twice or even once a day leaving my hair greasy, unmanageable and feeling the need to wash it before leaving the house.

Also: what's your take on my theory that since it is DHT caused inflammation which kills your hair and not DHT itself, instead of decreasing DHT with dutasteride or finasteride one might also reduce inflammation caused by DHT with e.g. tocotrienols and try to achieve the same result?

What are your thoughts? AMA!

Attachments

• sjaZFsbUO6.png
    sjaZFsbUO6.png
    433.1 KB · Views: 841
Last edited:

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks promising, please keep us updated.

Do you take tablets or drink the minoxdil liquid?

Any side effects?

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks promising, please keep us updated.

Do you take tablets or drink the minoxdil liquid?

Any side effects?
Will do! I've made my own 2,5 mg/ml solution, bought minoxidil powder at Alibaba. Only sides I experienced was some dizziness when I got up too quickly which is to be expected as it is a bp lowering drug. Nothing else until today at least.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you had no result while using topical minoxidil? No unwanted body hair from 2.5 mg twice a day? you have great hair man for your age

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
you had no result while using topical minoxidil? No unwanted body hair from 2.5 mg twice a day? you have great hair man for your age
no, topical minoxidil did not do the trick for me personally. I also really disliked applying it twice a day, leaving my hair greasy and unmanageable. approaching the 2 month mark on OM I think my body hair is getting more prominent but nothing I can't manage for now.

Last edited:

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf damn that's good
thanks, yes I feel the same! I'm checking the new small hairs at my temples and on my frontal area every evening after showering :D I think that being a diffuse thinner (and not being slick bald at 45+) makes me a good candidate for some regrowth with OM combined with several inflammation decreasing supplements. only time will tell though, I'll keep this post updated.

Last edited:

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
nice! i want that, too... ill go for 10mg!
please be careful with 10 mg's, the studies I could find on the safety of OM for Androgenetic Alopecia investigated dosages of up to 5 mg/day. EDIT: maybe you're right! (red line in the image below).
BIWpu1WYnO.png

Last edited:

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks, yes I feel the same! I'm checking the new small hairs at my temples and on my frontal area every evening after showering :D I think that being a diffuse thinner (and not being slick bald at 45+) makes me a good candidate for some regrowth with OM combined with several inflammation decreasing supplements. only time will tell though, I'll keep this post updated.
it is too good to be true tbh

prove you are real by taking a pic with spoon near your birthmark

srs

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
please be careful with 10 mg's, the studies I could find on the safety of OM for Androgenetic Alopecia investigated dosages of up to 5 mg/day. EDIT: maybe you're right! (red line in the image below).View attachment 165412
got no idea if i am right, because everybody says something else about it... as far as i know 5mg is what you take... though that might differ from countey to country...
what i know is that the people who take 10mg got some serious regrowth...
if i do that i wont do that forever of course... a year max and then back to 5...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you used topical minoxidil for many years before? i used it for 6 years and strictly no result.... I started oral min 1.25 mg but this causes me huge unanted body hair man

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
you used topical minoxidil for many years before? i used it for 6 years and strictly no result.... I started oral min 1.25 mg but this causes me huge unanted body hair man
yes I did for years. 5%, 10%, with/without retinol and/or azelaic acid, ...., didn't make a difference. it just made my hair greasy, unmanageable and no substantial gains for me.

you're on 1,25 mg OM/day right and you're experiencing unwanted body hair? for how how long have you been using OM and how's your progress if I might ask?

bassie21

My Regimen
Reaction score
got no idea if i am right, because everybody says something else about it... as far as i know 5mg is what you take... though that might differ from countey to country...
what i know is that the people who take 10mg got some serious regrowth...
if i do that i wont do that forever of course... a year max and then back to 5...
from what I've read, 10 mg/day (5mg twice a day) is the maximum dosage for Androgenetic Alopecia. if you've never used it before, you might consider starting at 1 mg/day and working your way up to higher dosages like 2,5 mg twice a day very slowly while monitoring you blood pressure regularly. note: this is not medical advise, I'm not a medical professional.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
from what I've read, 10 mg/day (5mg twice a day) is the maximum dosage for Androgenetic Alopecia. if you've never used it before, you might consider starting at 1 mg/day and working your way up to higher dosages like 2,5 mg twice a day very slowly while monitoring you blood pressure regularly. note: this is not medical advise, I'm not a medical professional.
im already on 5... didnt bother starting with 1mg either...
thx though...